Ebay tat

GrumpyCat

This one seems to be doing the rounds, wasn't it the one Ratdat spotted at the farm sale?.

This car really attracts attention, just because it is so rare. I cannot imagine there is another in this colour in the country.

Funny that because about half a dozen in the same hue have turned up variously between AS, OJC and eBay this year! :P

To be fair that ex Clarkson Starion looks alright, and it's a decent advert.The silver one is bollocks though. Has he clouted something whilst trying to do a SIK DRIFT?

Am i opening myself up to massive amounts of ridicule by admitting to liking this??!! :oops:

Not by me anyway. I like that myself but would paint it another colour and ditch the stupid exhausts though

Posted Image

I wonder about the 2 weeks mot and wheather the work has been checked ok for strength etc though. That would need an engineers report/vosa check wouldnt it?

Posted Image

[i wonder about the 2 weeks mot and wheather the work has been checked ok for strength etc though. That would need an engineers report/vosa check wouldnt it?I think that would depend on wether the V5 has been changed to state that it's now a convertible [which, of course, it won't have been.].

That elf/hornet thing looks like a fuggin deathtrap to me, those mini shells make a terrible soft-top. Theres absolutley no depth to the sills and the shell has no proper 'chassis' as all the bits are hung on separate subframes, that doesnt seem to deter people from trying to build them though. did Rover ever offer an official one? I have some vague recollection of a hideous thing with a massive folded roof that looked like a pram. I would like to see what they did to strengthen the body shell. Whatever it was I imagine there was a lot more to it than a poxy bit of bed iron fastened to the inner sills and a plate bolted through the kick panel like that one. I can only imagine that the talented and experienced engineer who fitted those dumb-ass exhausts, was the same one who decided to saw the roof off. Pass the crusher!

The Rover one ( by Autohous, based in in Achern in Germany)was like this-pram like as Mr B states

Posted Image

The Elf posted above is a good looking car IMO but Mr B is right in the Deathtrap quote-I thought so myself which is why I posted the pic of the comedy strenghening. With the right work (to stop it folding) and paint I would have it.