Ebay tat

GrumpyCat

That looks like a BMC engine in that Atlas. Did they get a different engine after Leyland bought out Standard Triumph? I always though they had the 948cc Triumph motor in them. Either way it must be agonisingly slow.

Might be a B series diesel. Sure I read recently the Atlas vans got them as the diesel option.Edt: Scratch that - I think I can see plug leads.
Could it be a Ferguson tractor/TR3 engine?

Posted Image

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ALFA-ROMEO-33-GIARDINETTA-4X4-ESTATE-1985-RED-C700-BTT_W0QQitemZ230341939483

This is giving me terrible trouser problems, I would LOVE IT! But I have absolutley NOWHERE to keep it. The only way to accomodate it would be if I scrapped my Talbot Alpine, which would be a bit tragic as i've had it nealry 10 years, only done about 35k as well. what a nightmare, I hope bidding goes higher on it and puts it out of my (admittedly low) reach

Posted Image

Deffo rather have this over a beetle any day of the week.

until you need to change the spark plugs that is!!! :wink::wink: are these not the ones where removal of head is required to change a spark plug?
Nope, plugs on the T4 engine are a doddle to change because they stick upwards rather than outwards on a Beetle engine. I had a 412LE years ago and it was alright.

Somewhere in the shed I've got the diagnostic equipment for the Bosch D-Jetronic injection system, also used on late '60s Volvos and early Jag V12s

Apart from being a bit dusty-looking, what's actually wrong with that Alpine of yours?

inner rear wings need welding, brakes need looking at after a 6-year lay up, and general cosmetic titivation required - dent in front wing and doorskin amongst other bits. Oh and the 'Stomils' need new treads drawn on em in marker pen.

To be honest I reckon you should keep the Alpine. The Alfa sounds like it needs a fair bit of work, has been tinkered with already and will look crud unless it gets a full respray. Like it says in the auction, there's about 6 left - I'd wait for one of the others to turn up instead.