Ebay tat

GrumpyCat

There's even a couple of them on autotrader at the moment, I wouldn't mind one, Quite a cool looking truck that stands out.Give it a few more years and i bet there be 'scene tax' on them as well so could be an investment?!.

How about this?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1992-CITROEN-BX19 ... 1|294%3A50

A 'classic' diesel with adjustable hydraulics - wow, how cool is that? Would make a good drift/track day/rat rod/hotrod. No, really! It's made of fibreglass no less! It overheats after 10 miles but he's not aware of any other big problems (mind you, he's not a mechanic so it's best not to take his word on that.) Or of course you could buy it for the government's scrappage scheme - what a great idea!

Re the PVW touring - I'd wager a bet it was bought by someone with more money than RWD talent and it's been in more hedges than Bill Oddie."Look at me I've bought a famous car, been in loads of mags innit. Wanna go driftin wiv me crew?"

Talk about a fall from grace!:

Two years ago (sold for about £7,000 IIRC):

Posted Image

Today:

Posted Image

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Performance-BMW-E ... 0312387713

How on earth does that happen in such a short time?

Is that really the same car!! :shock: Wow!, Some people really don't deserve nice things, Mind you it's been through a few hands with 13 previous owners!
It wasn't built that long ago, and the lad who built it does do a proper job. Unfortunately, it's been hawked around various 'scene' knobs who've not had the money to keep it as it should be. First thing to go was the alloys, and it's just gone rapidly downhill from there. When I sold mine in March this one was being offered for £3500 without the sexy rims in the top shot, it's obviously been sold to a million muppets since.

I'd have liked it when it was like the top pic, but I wouldn't have paid £7k for it..

How about this?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1992-CITROEN-BX19 ... 1|294%3A50

A 'classic' diesel with adjustable hydraulics - wow, how cool is that? Would make a good drift/track day/rat rod/hotrod. No, really! It's made of fibreglass no less! It overheats after 10 miles but he's not aware of any other big problems (mind you, he's not a mechanic so it's best not to take his word on that.) Or of course you could buy it for the government's scrappage scheme - what a great idea!

Posted Image

There really are some oxygen thieves on eBay, aren't there?

Dumb question: Is that American thing a) realb) a photoshop, like those squished X5s and stuff that get posted to forumsc) a metalshop, with sixteen feet chopped from the chassis of some obscenely large yank car?

Dumb question: Is that American thing a) realb) a photoshop, like those squished X5s and stuff that get posted to forumsc) a metalshop, with sixteen feet chopped from the chassis of some obscenely large yank car?

more info on it - and other horrors here

I do like that LNA, were all the ones sold over here 1124cc? IIRC in France they did a 2 cyl one?I like the way the designers have gone "Hmm how can we make it look different to the peugeot talbot versions.. I know we'll fit headlights from a Dyane to it.."

That Lancer estate is most definately mega rare but I'm not sure about it being a thing of beauty. More like a thing of ugly! Still, it'd be pretty cool to roll around in though I'd take a two door saloon over the estate looks wise.

more info on it - and other horrors here
Link not working, but you mean that is actually a proper car as opposed to a shortie?

I do like that LNA, were all the ones sold over here 1124cc? IIRC in France they did a 2 cyl one?I like the way the designers have gone "Hmm how can we make it look different to the peugeot talbot versions.. I know we'll fit headlights from a Dyane to it.."

I think they sold the 2-cylinder LN over here - it certainly featured in one of my Parker's price guides in the early '90s. We had one at our house in France for a holiday runaround - I taught myself clutch control in that when I was about 11 - I'd been learning to drive in my mum's 205GLD which spoiled me a bit, being almost impossible to stall. I think the really early 3-door 104s had those headlights too, didn't they?