Ebay tat

GrumpyCat

is it common for plates to be 'returned'?

A Trader mate has a plate he puts on his cars that he runs for a while. They allways revert back to the original plate so I suppose its d.v.l.a policy to do so.
No this was for 25 years and the plate as etched on the windows was transferred on to the new car, it's something like 10M, not a long number so worth a mint. The odd thing is now the original plate has gone back on the car, it's not transferable. Shame cos it's a low number (10) and an X reg.

Noooo, exactly NOT like that Mr Weasel. Note the curvy-round screen on the one you've pictured. The one Father Ted posted I think has the normal windscreen but it's tilted up (note that the bottom corners look a bit odd). Or maybe it's a windscreen for something else - it certainly wasn't a windscreen designed for that body!

But I'd want to have the 'full set'

Posted Image

Now I'd like to see that turning up on the bay. The omens arent good tho:

The vehicle details for WGU 18G are:

Date of Liability 01 04 1989

Date of First Registration 09 09 1968

Cylinder Capacity (cc) 3933CC

Fuel Type Petrol

Export Marker Not Applicable

Vehicle Status Unlicensed

Vehicle Colour BLACK

Mind you, if that pair did still have it to sell, it wouldnt make much of that million quid back for them. :o

Posted Image

I saw that on a school trip to London one day. Let me get this anorak comfortable, I think it said on the back of the record sleeve that it was a 1968 Ford and was brought over by a Ford US employee, then sold on and was in the Superman film.

Posted Image

I WANTED TO PUT A V8/V6 IN IT BUT DECIDED TO MOVE TO SOUTH AFRICA INSTEAD.

Interesting decision-making process.
Hmmm has the viva owners club formed a posse of slavering viva e fans. :lol:

At least there is a better choice of big engined cars in south africa 8)

Posted Image

I saw that on a school trip to London one day. Let me get this anorak comfortable, I think it said on the back of the record sleeve that it was a 1968 Ford and was brought over by a Ford US employee, then sold on and was in the Superman film.
I`ve researched the fate of this car into some depth, for reasons not known even to myself, and as far as I can tell, it was in superman 3, then the KLF bought it, used it in a few videos, released a couple of singles (the artist was actually credited as "Ford Timelord") then it was off the road for years, supposedly banger raced in the mid `90s, but that turned out to be a ringer, some sort of Chevrolet product made to look like a cop car, so where the Galaxie is now is anyone`s guess. Could still be rotting away in the KLF`s garden, along with quite possibly the KLF themselves.

Posted Image

this was raced at swaffham in the early nineties by a guy who owned a film production company