Ebay tat

GrumpyCat

Actually I'm not technically a time waster on this one. My tat_buyer account got suspended (due to non-payment of fees :roll: ) and the chap got an email from eBay advising him to relist it. He emailed me last night and was actually quite apologetic about it. I'm a little cheesed off as I've gone and bid on a Transit van for the specific purpose of towing the Commer home (don't think the Carlton would have been up to it somehow). I might still bid on it with my new account if I get the Transit sorted before the listing ends. Or if it doesn't sell I'll maybe email him and buy it outside of eBay.

Actually I'm not technically a time waster on this one. My tat_buyer account got suspended (due to non-payment of fees :roll: ) and the chap got an email from eBay advising him to relist it. He emailed me last night and was actually quite apologetic about it. I'm a little cheesed off as I've gone and bid on a Transit van for the specific purpose of towing the Commer home (don't think the Carlton would have been up to it somehow). I might still bid on it with my new account if I get the Transit sorted before the listing ends. Or if it doesn't sell I'll maybe email him and buy it outside of eBay.
not the first time you've been called a timewaster is it .seems to be a habit :roll:

not the first time you've been called a timewaster is it .seems to be a habit :roll:

True, but most of the people who've called me a timewaster have brought it on themselves, either by changing the terms of sale after the end of the auction (e.g. by suddenly deciding that the car has to be collected from the other side of the country within two days, completely ignoring the factthat some of us have to work for a living) or tried to flog me a hopelessly mis-described pile of crap, and suddenly "remembered" a whole list of faults with the vehicle that weren't mentioned in the listing (one of the people who recently left me a negative when I failed to purchase his Lancia Beta then managed to rack up three further negative feedbacks on the same car and has now been thrown off eBay). And the odd jobsworth who's refused to let me drive a perfectly roadworthy vehicle home because it's run out of MoT. There have been a very few occasions when I haven't been able to complete a genuine transaction with a genuine seller (e.g. my tow car going bang, as happened a few months back with the Trooper), but as a rule when I've not completed a transaction it's been because something's gone awry either with the seller or with the vehicle and I've had more than enough of being taken for a ride by dodgy eBay sellers and the huge waste of time and money that this invariably entails. [edit] Not quite sure why I feel I have to defend myself to you - my eBaying habits are really nobody's business but my own. Could be because I've been fighting a losing battle with an immobiliser most of the day and it hasn't put me in the best of moods.

Cripes that's beautiful! Ain't gonna be cheap though - I've just slung £450 on it and the reserve hasn't been met. Looks like it's been off the road for a while too - the DVLA website is down at the moment but that tax disc looks like it's getting on in years. Can someone with a better monitor than me tell me whether it's a floor shift or an umbrella handle shift? If it's the latter I might have to increase my bid. 8)

Posted Image

1988 Mazda 626 TWR GLX

186K on the clock! Must have been the quickest minicab in town.

Posted Image

1989 Mitsubishi Galant 2.0 GTi 4WD 4WS

Best rear badging ever?! The 4WD and 4WS badges even have stickers underneath explaining what they stand for.....

Not much on at the moment. Old RX-7 projects are becoming temptingly cheap, which is not helping the idea of putting a rotary lump in the Charmant.

gotta be honest, i'm not seeing much rot on there.1972/3/4 examples of these still turn up on garlic bay for a few hundred euros, very tempting. Such neat styling! Even I could be tempted by one and I am not really a renner lover.

I think retrogeezer was referring to the Allegro advert, I actually contemplated bidding for about 10 nano seconds, Aggros are like some disease that once you have had it once it lingers and sometimes flares up again :lol: If I were to buy another it would have to be a brown estate though.

Posted Image

It may have 4WD and 4WS but it does not appear to have 4WALB like SL's Accord :D Unless they ran out of space to put that on :lol:

Posted Image

Has anyone on here driven one of these, RWD and coil springs all round according to Carfolio. The white below did not meet reserve at £185, I very nearly had a punt on it.

Posted Image

Those Colts are FWD, I'm pretty sure.

http://www.carfolio.com/specifications/ ... 93#chassisJust going by the page above, Carfolio is always pretty accurate, pity there are no engine bay shots in those adverts to see if the engine is mounted longitudinal or transverse.Doh, just checked a 1978 Autocar mag that has a feature on the Mirage and you are right, they are FWD :( Also that carfolio page says the engines are transverse!Good thing I didn't buy it then, no wonder there was no frantic drift fuelled bidding taking place.

I'm feeling the groove of those Colts, yeah baby!

Is this one being advertised by that bint who used to do 'songs of praise'?

Yep they're FWD, Carfolio has buggered up there. Mad cars, particularly in turbo flavour:

Posted Image

I saw her setting off the security alarms in Asda recently, which amused me greatly.

I prefer RWD but am warming to FWD, especially because of cars like the early Datsun Stanza (FWD) which has the worst of both worlds! Understeer AND oversteer. Fantastic!