Ebay tat

GrumpyCat

OMG those yank tanks are absolutely disgusting. I can imagine theres all sorts of RODENTS and other stuff living in the hideously 'whore house' esq interiors, they probably smell damp and mouldy inside too, and to cap it all my 5 litre V8 is only pushing 150 bhp lol. There not shite, there utter shit and should be weighed in. :lol:

And this coming from the country that bequeathed us the most foul smelling car I've ever had the displeasure of sitting in, the Gilbern Invader. The haunting arome of cat's piss and damp carpets stays with me 'til this day, and yes, apparently they ALL smell like that..........As far as 150 bhp from 5 litres is concerned, try looking at the torque figures, rather than the bhp, and the fact that they're capable of going round the clock twice without any major hassles. I'm fed up with reading uneducated crap about Yank engines supposed lack of power. 400 bhp out of a pushroad Chevy or Ford small block V8 is not difficult [or that exoensive] to achieve , and it will be reliable is built correctly. And this from engines designed in the mid fifties....Try getting 250 bhp out of a 3 litre Essex lump on a reasonable budget, AND try getting it to stay in one piece for any length of time.................
Uneducated Crap? Im fed up of keyboard heros taking offence to light hearted comments and dragging nationalitys into things... Pathetic... maybe u should try taking things with a little pinch of salt before getting all arsey. Yeah Gilberns may not be great, but at least we managed to knock out one line of vehicles eh?.... Chill out :roll: Oh and going around the clock twice without major issues? Yeah im really impressed, ive a shabby old beemer outside that'l do that no problem.

Uneducated Crap? Im fed up of keyboard heros taking offence to light hearted comments and dragging nationalitys into things... Pathetic... maybe u should try taking things with a little pinch of salt before getting all arsey. Yeah Gilberns may not be great, but at least we managed to knock out one line of vehicles eh?.... Chill out :roll: Oh and going around the clock twice without major issues? Yeah im really impressed, ive a shabby old beemer outside that'l do that no problem.I don't usually rise to stuff like this, but what the hell.............It's the "keyboard hero" bit that makes my piss boil.......having owned [in chronological order'65 Galaxy convertible'72 Cadillac Eldorado'71 Chrysler Newport'71 Buick La Sabre'80 Ford Mercury'78 Chevy Monte Carlo'66 Galaxy 4 door pillarless'74 Firebird,90 Ford dayvan,78 Chevy El Camino '75 Camaro'55 Chevy 210 [2 lane blacktop shape].91 Chevy Impala ss estate'92 Firebird'79 Buck Regal Turbo'94 Cadillac EldoradoI'm not going to bore the arse of the forum by extolling the virtues of American car ownership, but all of the above [and some were right old sheds,] were reliable, honest old busses. The Camaro was an absolute monster, 8 mpg if you were lucky , 478 bhp, but about 600 ft lb's of torque. Top speed of aboit 95 mph, [geared for sprints] bugger all traction, if you could hook up the rear tyres, about 0-60 in 4 seconds. Nothing to write home about compared to modern performance stuff, but all done with brute force, and a total lack of finesse..........which is why I like Yank stuff.

[HAD AN ACCIDENT?

AT THE AUTOSHITE HOSPICE WETHER YOU HAVE POP RIVETED CHICKEN WIRE TO YOUR FOREHEAD OR SPOTWELDED A COVERSILL TO YOUR LEFT LEG, WE CAN HELP!

*If no reply call "HIRST CABS PROBATE" service instead

A friend of mine once drilled a hole in his leg (resting a piece of rusting metal on it whilst drilling holes in it) If only this service had been available then - instead he just squirted a tube of savlon in the hole, bound it up and didn't look at it for a few days, amazingly it healed with no blood poisoning etc, wouldn't recommend it myself though, although masking tape and superglue are quite effective at sticking cuts closed.
That reminds me of years ago when i was still at school, Watching out the window during a science lesson i was watching a bloke halfway up a tree cutting a branch off when suddenly i see him fall from the tree to the ground.

It turns out the branch he was harnessed to was also the same branch he was cutting off... :roll:

What can I say? Just lovely. What I can't understand though it why they went for the later grille (came in in 1971) and yet kept the split indicators/side lights. Also the door handle is facing in the later direction. Also the earlier pedals come up through the floor, but not sure 100% if they changed with the front end in 71.....

FORMER PRACTICAL CLASSICS STAFF CAR

Posted Image

Is this the one Keith Adams used to run?, Looks quite clean and sounds quite cheap for £995

IIRC it went for about £700 ish to a lady down south, just had an issue with the autochoke sticking if it had not been used for a few days, otherwise seems a very nice car. I know I made some quite serious enquiries at the time and only the lack of PAS put me off as both wrists were still in a "arm says NO" state at the time - as it was I needent have worried as whilst low speed parking can be a bit painful, they seem to be capable of twirling a non pas wheel no problems now....

Hirst, this is for you!*

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

A previous spot of mine, now for sale and seen by chance on a local Skoda dealer's forecourt! Old chap p/ex'd it for an Octavia. 113k miles, three owners from new (last two were wife then trasnferred to husband). Looks very clean. I can pass on details to anyone interested.

Shame it wasn't an estate, it would already have been mine if so!

*But I know of a lower mileage car of similar vintage just about to come up for sale...

1973 TOYOTA HIACE CARAVETTE

Posted Image

The previous owner decided to renovate it. Oh Dear. He stripped out the interior. Then he went to the pub.Several pints later he thought air conditioning was a good idea so he cut the roof off! Then he went back to the pub.That was in 1999. He may well still be there,the potential unrealised,his dream gone, and being excommunicated by the Historic Caravan Club.

:lol:

FORD ZODIAC MK3 PICK UP

Posted Image

Still looks pretty good to me, which is rare for a home brew conversion.

TRIUMPH ACCLAIM HL £150

Posted Image

Been off the road for 10 years, Wonder how ropey it is now?