Ebay tat

GrumpyCat

Presumably the GTI Eng. bodykit was optional. I'm not sure if there's more than one of those left, or it's just the same one that's been offered for sale a few times over the last couple of years. Whatever, I'd hit it.

thats been running around Fife for years now, they were sold as a complete package on a new car from GTi engineering. I have a few old CAR mags from the 80's with the advert in it. Must go up the attic and search for one!

Presumably the GTI Eng. bodykit was optional. I'm not sure if there's more than one of those left, or it's just the same one that's been offered for sale a few times over the last couple of years. Whatever, I'd hit it.

thats been running around Fife for years now, they were sold as a complete package on a new car from GTi engineering. I have a few old CAR mags from the 80's with the advert in it. Must go up the attic and search for one!

Brochure and review scans here :)

They were offered through dealers, with 400 being ordered initially and the option of more if they sold well; I don't think they did and just the 400 were made. Engine was standard 'DX' lump from the Golf GTI and quicker Sciroccos so 112bhp and K-Jet injection. Suspension was dropped 30mm, white alloys and the grey stripe were standard as was the foglampped grille and bodykit.Inside was pretty plain with keep-fit windows and mirrors but it did have the quite nice trip computer.They weren't slow; 0-60 is in the high 8s I think and I guess the styling was bang on the money in the 80s. Quite pricey to say you didn't get any electrics or leather inside though.

£2500 for a wreck of a late 1950s Chevy, with no running gear and rusted body panels? Thats a lot of money, even if its a minted banger racer wanting something unique for the 2009/2010 'Grand Final' or whatever the Essex one with the big prize money is called.

This is an appealing little machine, pretty rare I imagine.

its just had a new sill on the near side and the other side needs replacing (new sill included) and a small hole on inner sill thats it

I suspect that will mean 'needs sills/floorpans/inner wings/arches/chassis members/front panel' when you start prodding.

Posted Image

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FIESTA-1-6-S-XR2I-RS-TURBO_W0QQitemZ120402174224

Woo-hoo, its back!

Posted Image

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1982-FORD-FIESTA-XR2-SILVER_W0QQitemZ220391179017

RELISTED DUE TO BUYER WANTING ME TO COMPLETE THE BUILD DON'T HAVE THE TIME TO DO THIS AND THIS IS WHY IT'S UP FOR SALE:- THE LACT OF TIME

Bollocks, you were shilling, just admit it man.
'Complete the build'??? Into what??

Already looks like its fully restored to me*

*into a waste skip, I presume that was the look he was going for..

Posted Image

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1982-FORD-SIERRA-L-BROWN_W0QQitemZ220389070089

Looks a bit sorry for itself being parked on a heap of rubble, bet it would polish up nice tho.

That's a beauty! I'm finding it difficult to conceal my desire for slatty-grille Sierras lately and that one is brown of all things. I'd love to drive it around like a low-rent sales rep with my jacket hooked up in the back and going 90mph down the motorway (may be difficult). Out of the way Audi! Flick the high-beam on for a bit, that'll shift him.

I'm sure I even recall seeing it in 1980's Peter Filby magazines.

Would that be "Alternative cars" magazine? I was having a flick through some of those last night. Some right plastic guff is featured in those :lol: