Ebay tat

GrumpyCat

Fair play to him I say. A lot of effort must go into sourcing and prepping the cars and there are obviously enough people willing to pay a decent premium for a first rate car. I would imagine he's making a reasonable return out of doing it and theres probably not that many of us wouldn't do the same if we could.

Yup, I imagine he's had a few wasted journeys to see a "mint" car only to discover that it's anything but. Presentation is everything, and he seems very good at that. Cars well prepped, good photography and good descriptions. Not rocket science, but very well executed, and it seems he's reaping the rewards. Can't blame someone for making a profit!

I sold my Austin 2200 to him, which was pretty much mint apart from a dented bonnet, and top of wing, he repaired the damage, detailed the engine bay, and put it on ebay for about £1500 more than I got for it from him. Considering he also had to MOT and register it in UK [ex Jersey car] I thought that was pretty reasonable

If you think about it, aside from having to lay out for professional bodywork repairs and buying parts I reckon A LOT of graft goes into getting those cars prepped, easily a week and let's face it an average weekly wage has got to be around £6-700 so not a huge profit, I would be better off selling late, low mileage cars really. He highlights good cars and brings them to a standard that serious enthusiasts are prepared to buy at a premium and more than likely get kept that way, which has got to be good for us tat lovers!

WHS ^^Also I like the fact that he doesn't seem to just go for the run of the mill 'classics', He's willing to put is efforts into cars that, even in nice original condition, would be ignored buy the OMGMGBTR6BRG brigade.

I sold my Austin 2200 to him, which was pretty much mint apart from a dented bonnet, and top of wing, he repaired the damage, detailed the engine bay, and put it on ebay for about £1500 more than I got for it from him. Considering he also had to MOT and register it in UK [ex Jersey car] I thought that was pretty reasonable

Sounds like a fair profit, which I don't mind. What I object to is being ripped off, or other people being ripped off, buyers and sellers. An honest profit is what it's all about, nobody is a charity these days.

Yeah, I reckon he's retired or semi-retired, or works from home or something. Fair play to him. He puts in a lot of effort, got to assume that he's unearthing these things from deceased estate sales, local rags and the like. Probably got a tame bodyman on side, but that ain't going to be cheap - you'll always pay top whack for good paint.I don't think he's involved in shill bidding - there's always going to be folk out there who have the money for "the best" of a particular model and he does do a very detailed writeup and excellent photos, so I am pretty convinced his motors are genuine and aren't full of wag.

Ooooh an Ibiza 1.7! These are pretty freakin rare and this one looks a cracker. My old girlfriend had a 1.5 SXi which i drove for thousands of miles, it was a great car, never tried a 1.7 though.

Posted Image

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1993-SEAT-IBIZA-SPORTLINE-BLUE_W0QQitemZ180337595728

Thats Lovely!!!

I know that 610 SSS well. It belonged to a mate of mine until recently. He sold on and I'll wager that the reason it's back up for sale is the guy he sold it to pulled the front wings off and discovered some major nasties behind them.To be fair, it's as good as you'll get if you want one of these as there simply aren't any available any more.

I'd certainly 'tap' that 1.7 Ibeefa, looks in good condition and I'd imagine 1700cc + wafer-thin tin is fairly nippy.However, it would be instantly forgotten if I had that R/C Rancho. I'd sell all my testicles for that, even the ones I keep for best.

let's face it an average weekly wage has got to be around £6-700

I wish.....
Average weekly wage where? I'm moving!
Ditto.............thats what I get a month these days, gone are the times of £300+ a day............. :cry:

Ditto.............thats what I get a month these days, gone are the times of £300+ a day............. :cry:

A DAY???? :shock:

Jizzzzzzus - only people I know who earn that much wear too much make up, not enough clothes and call themselves Simone or similar (and its in a purely professional capacity I know them, not socio-economic capacity) and have a £200 crack habit.

Obvioulsy in the wrong job then - I wonder how much i would get for my arse? And whether I would get more if I charged by the kilo....

Scrap -

Posted Image

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RENAULT-5-GORDINI ... 0294248481

Knob seller as well

THIS IS A VERY RARE CAR & A MUST FOR ANY COLLECTOR, PLEASE BEAR THIS IN MIND WHEN PLACING YOUR BIDS, DO BID EARLY TO SHOW WILLING AS IT WOULD BE A SHAME FOR IT TO END UP IN THE CRUSHER, ITS ONLY ON A 3 DAY LISTING AS I AM BORED OF HAVING 99 WATCHERS & NO BIDDERS SO BID OR I WILL CRUSH IT & PLACE THE FILM ON THE INTERWEB INCLUDING THAT RARE SET OF WHEELS

56 voyeurs & 3 bidders. The crusher beckons!!! show youir bids now or you know it will happen

:roll:

I'm sure this same bloke has come up on here before, with an Ital and some sort of 80's Lancia. I recognise the SPASTIC CAPITALS and the need to use DIFFERENTCOLOURSFOR EVERYOTHERWORD On booth I remember he was threatening to race or crush them. And both examples being so rusty they were best suited for making washing machines anyway.

What a nob.

Scrap -

Posted Image

56 voyeurs & 3 bidders. The crusher beckons!!! show youir bids now or you know it will happen

:roll:
Cant access the bay of evil at work, but depending on the bid / reserve I would be tempted to bid, win, rob the engine and wheels and leave the rest in an untidy heap for him.