Ebay tat

GrumpyCat

Nice old two-door Volvo. GR8 4 historic rallying. Might not win much with a single-carb B18 engine, but a lovely car nonetheless, and something of a bargain compared to a 242 that was offered for sale on RR recently. This one at least has an engine, even if it is a rather feeble one.

Posted Image

Odd Renault 4, I thought that only the Renault 3 had the filled in rear quarter windows. :?

Posted Image

Guess its a commercial version..

Interesting. As far as I was aware, it was only the 3 that had that bit panelled in. Looks factory though:

Posted Image

As you say, maybe a semi commercial French only version?

Personally I prefer 140's to 240's shame that aint MOT'd or I'd have it to replace her indoors Micra that she has destroyed in 7 months :shock: it has to be stronger than the K12

Is the K12 the current one?
no its the mid 90's one the first bubble shaped thing......runs great, just shit tin in them

Personally I prefer 140's to 240's shame that aint MOT'd or I'd have it to replace her indoors Micra that she has destroyed in 7 months :shock: it has to be stronger than the K12

Is the K12 the current one?
no its the mid 90's one the first bubble shaped thing......runs great, just shit tin in them
That's a K11. The K12 is the frog faced 'modtro' thing.Loving the 142 as well. They are very very rare in this country, they only sold 142s for a couple of years in the UK. Most of the ones you see here are either South African imports or LHDs from Scandinavia. Bloke called BBQ on Retro Rides bought one for about £80 that was rotten a sin and cut it up to make it into a dragster.Unfortunately the 140 series doesn't command a lot of recognition here - even a mint 144 doesn't go much over £2000. It's a bog spec as well, the same engine spec as my Amazon but carrying more weight, without an overdrive so it'll be screaming its tits off over 70.It must be a very early one to have been registered in 1967 - my official Volvo history (bought from the Gothenburg museum in 1995) says that the 140 wasn't released until 1968 - shit, when this was first registered you could still buy a 121 Amazon!They're very good and robust cars - I think it's probably because they ushered in the 'brick' period of Volvo styling that they're not very popular and subsequenly worth less. In terms of rallying there's nothing in them between the Amazon and the 140 series.

There is no way that will make its reserve of £1500 with no MoT.

My Volvo friend struggled to give one away, eventually got taken by a guy who wanted one wing off it!

There is zero interest in 140s compared to Amazons. 240s have more of a following.

Looks like it has. Suppose it doesn't mean 100% it will get paid for though