Ebay tat

GrumpyCat

Q: what a minter Doctor , a real "find" please don't sell Her to the BBC and Clarkson's mob , I am sure She will find a good owner ,good luck with Her. Martin

Oh, this kind of shit really makes my blood boil. It's this type of 'classic' car fan that makes me really tempted to buy that Marina and give it something that would make a Top Gear durability test look like a trip to the valeters.

GRRR-RRR-RR-R.

What's wrong with not wanting to see a decent old car get trashed? Or am I missing the point here?

Q: what a minter Doctor , a real "find" please don't sell Her to the BBC and Clarkson's mob , I am sure She will find a good owner ,good luck with Her. Martin

Oh, this kind of shit really makes my blood boil. It's this type of 'classic' car fan that makes me really tempted to buy that Marina and give it something that would make a Top Gear durability test look like a trip to the valeters.
What's wrong with not wanting to see a decent old car get trashed? Or am I missing the point here?
Nothing at all is wrong with not wanting to see an old car get trashed, but that "Don't let the nasty BBC" nonsense is pretty much designed to make me buy things just to smash them to smithereens and put the video on youtube titled "Practical / Popular Classics Marina Restoration".

It's a tidy old thing, and nice to know that there is still one out there that is as it was built. Not something I'd personally want, but it's blatantly one of the most original and tidy ones about and anyone who likes cars can see that.

It's just I have a constant, nagging, psychopathic urge to ruin the day of anyone who expects any Marina to now be destroyed by the BBC / Top Gear / Clarkson and feels the need to send messages to random ebay folk to try and talk them out of selling to the BBC. FFS, the Doc is obviously a proper car enthusiast and a reasonably discerning one at that - he's highly unlikely to flog something to Top Gear anyway.

Whereas he would flog it to me....

Nothing at all is wrong with not wanting to see an old car get trashed, but that "Don't let the nasty BBC" nonsense is pretty much designed to make me buy things just to smash them to smithereens and put the video on youtube titled "Practical / Popular Classics Marina Restoration".

It's a tidy old thing, and nice to know that there is still one out there that is as it was built. Not something I'd personally want, but it's blatantly one of the most original and tidy ones about and anyone who likes cars can see that.

It's just I have a constant, nagging, psychopathic urge to ruin the day of anyone who expects any Marina to now be destroyed by the BBC / Top Gear / Clarkson and feels the need to send messages to random ebay folk to try and talk them out of selling to the BBC. FFS, the Doc is obviously a proper car enthusiast and a reasonably discerning one at that - he's highly unlikely to flog something to Top Gear anyway.

Whereas he would flog it to me....

are you on drugs? talk about starting a fight in an empty room!

there are so many other things wrong with aspects of the classic car scene. a marina enthusiast not wanting to see one go to an arse isnt one of them.

considering Tops Gears recent record on any any classic car which doesnt happen to be a ferrari i think they are fears well founded. or are you one of those "all british cars are crap, and anyone who likes them is stupid" crowd?

I think the point is more this. If he sells it and gets the asking price, does it matter what happens to it? After all, it ain't his no more after it's sold is it??? Surely you need a legal precedence set to be able to make that insistence for a sale? All the banger boys do is tell em "Yeah mate, I'm gonna restore it!" and then out comes the Dulux, or the other one is, "I'm gonna banger race it, is that ok?" If they say no, they go looking elsewhare.

I think the point is more this. If he sells it and gets the asking price, does it matter what happens to it? After all, it ain't his no more after it's sold is it??? Surely you need a legal precedence set to be able to make that insistence for a sale? All the banger boys do is tell em "Yeah mate, I'm gonna restore it!" and then out comes the Dulux, or the other one is, "I'm gonna banger race it, is that ok?" If they say no, they go looking elsewhare.

good point, but surely you cant fault the sentiment? or get boiled piss from it?

are you on drugs? talk about starting a fight in an empty room! there are so many other things wrong with aspects of the classic car scene. a marina enthusiast not wanting to see one go to an arse isnt one of them. considering Tops Gears recent record on any any classic car which doesnt happen to be a ferrari i think they are fears well founded. or are you one of those "all british cars are crap, and anyone who likes them is stupid" crowd?

Not on drugs at present, and I own a Range Rover and a Jensen Interceptor ;-) I know how bad British cars are, but I still love 'em.

GRRR-RRR-RR-R.

Agree with you PM. Bloke sounds like a wet twunt.

are you on drugs? talk about starting a fight in an empty room! there are so many other things wrong with aspects of the classic car scene. a marina enthusiast not wanting to see one go to an arse isnt one of them. considering Tops Gears recent record on any any classic car which doesnt happen to be a ferrari i think they are fears well founded. or are you one of those "all british cars are crap, and anyone who likes them is stupid" crowd?

Not on drugs at present, and I own a Range Rover and a Jensen Interceptor ;-) I know how bad British cars are, but I still love 'em.
dont we all :D - think we'll have to agree to disagree on the top gear thing 8)

All the banger boys do is tell em "Yeah mate, I'm gonna restore it!" and then out comes the Dulux, or the other one is, "I'm gonna banger race it, is that ok?" If they say no, they go looking elsewhare.Sure there are people who do say whatever they need to to get cars but the general rule is honestly is the best policy. Some you miss out on but if they go to someone who gets some use out of it and that's what the seller wanted then good luck to them. Where honesty works, for me, is it is obviously a nicer way of dealing with people and I get pleny of follow up deals from the punters that I treat right. Not sure this would work so well if I was after classics as opposed to the shite that I race, but you never know, reading the other thread about all the amount of messers in the classic car fraternaty.

oh yeah sorry for the spellin never was my strong point and almost forgot cash on collection only please

Your pictures aren't anything to write home about either mate. :roll:

oh yeah sorry for the spellin never was my strong point and almost forgot cash on collection only please

Your pictures aren't anything to write home about either mate. :roll:
Nor is his basic addition/knowledge of what constitutes a 'door'

Doors: 4

What a fucktard.

I'm just going to send him a question:

Are you shore the bracks are carroed onto the wheels? I know you recon it’s been in the gaerge for a long time but as I can’t coem to see it can I recamend you use your camra for some more pics? I don’t think you’re rong or mistacken, that’s a 13/60!

I'm just going to send him a question:

Are you shore the bracks are carroed onto the wheels? I know you recon it’s been in the gaerge for a long time but as I can’t coem to see it can I recamend you use your camra for some more pics? I don’t think you’re rong or mistacken, that’s a 13/60!

Do it or I'll come round and kick your dog! :twisted::lol:

That seller sounds like a bloody good argument for brothers and sisters not being allowed to do sex to each other! :lol:

Indeed the sellage of the Herald is poo.BUT.Interested to know what they want for it.Mr. Kennedy, as A-S Herald expert, would it be worth a look? Not far from either of us???

What's the bet you have to wait until grandad's gone out to see the car. That's why he has no keys :wink:8)

Indeed the sellage of the Herald is poo.BUT.Interested to know what they want for it.Mr. Kennedy, as A-S Herald expert, would it be worth a look? Not far from either of us???

It'd be nice to know why it got parked in the garage but I doubt you could get that answer. I don't think it should go for more than a couple of hundred. Interior looks tidy. Even if it was totally sound underneath chances are it would cost a good few hundred to totally re-do the bracks, new tyers and either get the engine running or throw in a second hand replacement.Would be a nice garage tinkering project though.

It'd be nice to know why it got parked in the garage but I doubt you could get that answer. I don't think it should go for more than a couple of hundred. Interior looks tidy. Even if it was totally sound underneath chances are it would cost a good few hundred to totally re-do the bracks, new tyers and either get the engine running or throw in a second hand replacement.Would be a nice garage tinkering project though.
I reckon the current price of £41 is too much. On the road with t@t jobbies are about for £400/500. You can guarantee there's going to be all sorts of chassis unpleasantness with that shed, along with everything else............

Be like I was, only now it's actually easier to get parts in the UK than when I ran one 15 years ago

Posted Image

Migrane-inducing interior? Czech (see what I did there?)

Posted Image

Looks like Dan Dare's car from the back and an ugly thing from the front? Check

Posted Image

Linky: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Tatra-603-FOR-SALE_W0QQitemZ320346771330QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutomobiles_UK?hash=item320346771330&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1683%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318#ebayphotohosting

Be like I was, only now it's actually easier to get parts in the UK than when I ran one 15 years ago

Posted Image

Migrane-inducing interior? Czech (see what I did there?)

Posted Image

Looks like Dan Dare's car from the back and an ugly thing from the front? Check

Posted Image

Linky: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Tatra-603-FOR-SALE_W0QQitemZ320346771330QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutomobiles_UK?hash=item320346771330&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1683%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318#ebayphotohosting

OH MY FUCKING CHRIST.

Aside from a PV544, the only car I would swap my Amazon for. Suspect this one's worth a bit more mind, the majority of 603s you see here are the unofficial '3' type. Garethj, are there any enclosed headlight models in the UK?