Ebay tat

GrumpyCat

I AM STRONGBecause i resisted bidding for that one-owner 15,000-mile Seat Ibiza, and allowed someone else to buy it for £60. I did it by thinking over and over again about my Integra, Alfa 33, Maz Hardtop and Sigma rustwagon all sitting gently corroding because I have not got time to fix everything up at once.MIND OVER MATTER!!!!PS the Integra is hitting the workshop next week for a frenzy of MOT fettling and attachment of various eBay-sourced new components.

I AM STRONGBecause i resisted bidding for that one-owner 15,000-mile Seat Ibiza, and allowed someone else to buy it for £60. I did it by thinking over and over again about my Integra, Alfa 33, Maz Hardtop and Sigma rustwagon all sitting gently corroding because I have not got time to fix everything up at once.MIND OVER MATTER!!!!PS the Integra is hitting the workshop next week for a frenzy of MOT fettling and attachment of various eBay-sourced new components.

Thats a shame, I was hoping that the Ibiza would find a way into the fold..

Oh, yes, I forgot about the clutch in all the excitement. That makes it quite expensive. :( Low miles to be wearing a clutch out - perhaps the second owner had a lazy left foot?Are these cable-operated? Might just be in need of adjustment if so. I've seen more than one R12 where that was all that was required.

They are cable-operated, and I've seen a BX with a slipping clutch in the past that was cured by a cable adjustment. Otherwise £400 is way too much - clutches are a bloody awkward job on BX's at the best of times, and I suspect that this one being a 4x4 will make it even worse.

My BX 4by4 gti is off the road precisely because of the slipping clutch. its a HUGE job -I couldnt get any clutch clinic to quote at all -and a Citroen garage estimated at £1100 -5 years ago! We put it on a ramp (my tame mechanic &I) and it looks like the car was built around the gearbox. Truly scary -so I 'barned it' -until the gonads grow!Prob find the exhaust is going or patched to -unobtainium!

I would be up for doing the clutch on that blue one, quite fancy an epic repair challenge like that, but I'm not paying £400 for the privilege! PLus how do you get it home? can't a-frame or dolly one of those. Actually, maybe you could if you left the engine ticking over to keep the suspension inflated.

I did a clutch on a 405GL 4x4 years ago, was a long but not especially bad job, The gearbox fits in the usual place, with the transfer box running along the back of the engine. I took the transfer box off first, I remember one especially bad bolt that was inbetween the engine and the transfer box that needed a mad combination of extentions to get to. then it was just the same as doing a normal clutch, as i was working blind, having never dealt with one before it took quite a while. Although I fear the BX may be worse with all the hydralic jiggery pokery surrounding the box.Funnily enough the 405 gained the BX's entire rear suspension inc the hydralic system, giving it a bizarre saggy arsed look when parked up. Think that the diff lock/4x4 system was hydralically activated too :shock:

Posted Image

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Isuzu-Piazza-Turbo-Lotus-74k-FSH-Auto-Aircon-VERY-RARE_W0QQitemZ130164845548

With the head gasket repair done, and a bit of bodywork TLC, this will surely be the best Lotus version Piazza Turbo in the UK

Yeah sure it will, as you say, just need to repair the engine and the body in order to achieve that. :roll::roll: Oh and maybe get shot of those MG ZS wheels and god awful colour coding.

That's pretty nasty! Doesn't look too bad to start, but then you start noticing the details, rubbish wheels, Lotus badging, colourcoding etc. The handling by Lotus version is by no means mega-rare either (in Piazza terms).

That has annoyed me so much I'm going to post a brochure scan:

Posted Image

I'd love to have a Piazza one day, utterly stock too. That'll show em.

Me too! In fact I have had one but it was a bag of ass, meaning I should get another better one to give a better long-term impresson in my mind. I love the styling of em.

Check this:

Posted Image

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1989-MAZDA-323-GLX-EXEC-BLUE_W0QQitemZ290175194186

15,000 miles from new! Makes mine look like an ex-taxi.

Don't know, but I suspect they are TEH ULTIMATEZ in Perfectly Adequate Transport. I'd wager you could gnosh about 20k a year onto one without any bother whatsoever.

Word. We've had four 323's and they've all been ultra reliable. One of them went 35k without so much as a service or oil change and still never broke down. They never seem to really rust much either.

He also describes it as “RARE†That may have been true had it not been completely ruined with all that plastic crap. Unfortunately most of them look like that these days :cry:

Posted Image

My Nova displays an impressively low mileage too. But as I suspect is the case here, that’s simply because the odometer has only 5 digits. 40,000 claimed miles on an L reg diesel van my arse :lol:

EDIT: The alleged GSi dash is standard across the facelift range and the instrument binnacle was standard fitment to turbo diesels (amongst others).

Crap that van may be to look at, but those Nova vans lick along at a fair old pace. I reckon that if you stripped all the barry dross off it and flogged it to minimum-wage ugly mongs on eBay you'd prolly get the purchase price of the vehicle back. Nova builders' van, souperb.