Ebay tat

GrumpyCat

Quite bizarre, and certainly not as legit as the seller suggests.

I put forward the hypothesis that some time in the 90's a rusty maxi donated it's VIN tags and plates to a Maxi II on the sly... cos it'll be tax excempt soon, innit guv. Only Tony B Liar pissed on that campfire.

I'd bet my last quid it contains 0% content of a 73 Maxi.

Posted Image

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FORD-CAPRI-280-BR ... 0370186832

Not really shite at all, but I'd love this. Remember having a look at a new one when Father Lobster was buying a new car as he'd always wanted a Capri.

He still went and bought a Sierra though as he couldn't quite convince himself a 2.8 litre Capri was a sensible family car :roll:

Ebay photography school -

Posted Image

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1988-FIAT-X1-9-BL ... 0284920276

GR8 for spending forever welding.

Not even remotely shite, but... :shock:

The Doctor will see you now...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hey this is on p158 of this months classic + sportscar, went through Barons auction in December for £2700. Now sold on eBay for £7500. Even if the guy has spent £1500 on beautification thats a good profit and still not a ludicrous price IMO. This Doctor guy is a legend, I would like to buy him a pint.

I agree, this doctor chap has got it sussed. He's making some tidy coin on these old motors, by virtue of obsessive cleaning and a decent digicam. Figure hes making between 2 and 4 large on each motor. And he's shifting what one a week? Even if it takes all week to tart them to photo standard,that's not a bad return. As I have said to my beloved on countless occasions, there's £ to be made. She just sees it as 'risky business' and a waste of money. Bet your life I'd rather spend 40 hours a week in a shed with some polishing compound and some old tat than farting about in the real world. And if you can make proper money too all the better.

Posted Image

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FORD-CAPRI-280-BR ... 0370186832

Not really shite at all, but I'd love this. Remember having a look at a new one when Father Lobster was buying a new car as he'd always wanted a Capri.

He still went and bought a Sierra though as he couldn't quite convince himself a 2.8 litre Capri was a sensible family car :roll:

I know where there is an unregistered, 15 miles on the clock, 280 Brooklands (with the 'approved' dealer fit Janspeed turbo conversion). Been in proper storage since '87, never seen rain, or damp, or dust, or anything really.

I've thought about making him a decent offer on it, but if I bought it, I'd have to use it. Hard.

Continuing the theme (collecting it could be a pain though)...

Posted Image

If that was an 0710 I would have bid on it. 0707s are painfully slow even when unladen - I shudder to think what it'd be like with a big ole tractor on the back. Unlike the A series, though, D series have a superb turning circle, especially with a wheelbase as short as that one's got. My last D was a similar size to that and it used to turn on a sixpence, although you had to watch that you didn't clout anything with the overhang. Great old trucks, much better than the Cargo imho.

Posted Image

Awesome findings Mr Flakes!I've boshed a bid on that. Now where's that MoT exempting form....

Nice one Pog. It's close enough to you for you to be able to drive it home without dying of old age before you get there. And like you say, it'd be fine for moving grot around locally - just as long as you don't have to go on any motorways or anywhere where speeds of over 40mph are required.

Great old trucks, much better than the Cargo imho.REALLY??? my ole 0710 was a fuggin nightmare, no power, no economy, shit steering( built my arm muscles up no end), feckin unreliable and the bastard thing tried to kill me at 20mph and crippled two other folk in its attempt...............My Cargo was like an Italian sports car in comparison...............though I do have a hankering for a D seried Transporter every now and again..... :shock:

Great old trucks, much better than the Cargo imho.

REALLY??? my ole 0710 was a fuggin nightmare, no power, no economy, shit steering( built my arm muscles up no end), feckin unreliable and the bastard thing tried to kill me at 20mph and crippled two other folk in its attempt...............My Cargo was like an Italian sports car in comparison...............though I do have a hankering for a D seried Transporter every now and again..... :shock:
Cargos are more pleasant to drive, in a bland, inoffensive kind of a way, but I don't find they're as well made as the D's, and they always feel very flimsy and plasticky to me (OK, not as plasticky as my Eurocargo, but then that went like poo off a spade and handled like a sports car so I could forgive it its crap interior). The D is a proper old-fashioned truck - yes it's heavy to drive (although I didn't find the steering all that bad except at a standstill) but to me that's all part of the experience (and a Cargo with no PAS is far worse). Ds have always felt to me like they are built to last for some reason - I realise that this was an illusion with most of them as the cabs rotted away in no time, but often it's subjective feelings like that that endear a vehicle to me. As for power, I found both my Ds had adequate power for what I used them for (although I never loaded either of them up to GVW I will admit). The thing I found hampered their performance the most was the 4-speed box, with its yawning gap between third and fourth. No they're not fast, but again, nor are the lesser Cargos (0809 and 0811). They trundle along happily enough though, and with 17.5" wheels on (it's got 16s in the pic) my yellow D would wind up to 70 unladen, which is as fast as I'd ever want to go in a D. I've never had any problems with reliability either, although I agree with you that they are a bit juicy compared to modern trucks. Brakes are a bit odd too, being air over hydraulic, but I got used to them eventually. How long ago did you have your D?

All academic now, seeing as Mrs_Pog commandered the computer to investigate her banal emails (usually involving excessive online retail therapy) so was unable to be drawn into the last-minute bid-frenzy. Pah. If anyone sees anything remotely recovery/beavertail shaped for buttons, please let me know.