Ebay tat

GrumpyCat

I actually rather like that A-plate HLE. Not £595 like it, but like it nonetheless. I suspect a Mk1 1300 manual Metro must be a rather fun thing to drive - I've never particularly liked the handling/ride setup of the Mk2's. The first car I ever bought at auction was an A reg Metro - it was a 1.3 auto with 28K on the clock and one owner from new, but it had lost first gear. I paid a fiver for it (plus commission of course) and roared around using second, third and fourth until the battery live terminal shorted out on the clamp and it fried the starter solenoid. Not knowing as much about fixing cars then as I do now (and I don't know all that much now), I scrapped it, but while it was going it was great fun - being so low mileage the engine would rev happily to 6000 rpm and beyond, and it would sit happily at 90+ on dual cabbageways and cornered nearly as well as a Mini.

Metro extravaganza!

Posted Image

Mmmmetro in its natual state

And I shall continue in this fashion until

a) Someone else on here buys one

B) I get banned

:D

There are three cars I woud love to have parked up outside,

1) a 1.3 Austin Maestro City in beige

2) a 1.1 Ford Fiasco popular plus mk 2 in Rosso Red

3) a 1.3L Austin Metro 1986 in Diamond white.

You are not alone you mad ,mad man.

Posted Image

Shit on a stick, thats

a) Lovely

B) Clean

c) local to me

d) Automatic

e) Shite

f) Fookin overpriced IMO

Oooh all nostalgic for the one my dad had when I was learning to drive - same colour and year as that but only a 1.3L.

I actually like Metros TBH but only to look at in pristine original state!

Definitely not to drive - once was enough and it put me off for life :P

Maestros are a funny one for me, I'm always glad to see one nowadays but I can't make my mind up on the design. They're an awkward looking thing and I could never quite decide why to be honest, something to do with the rear axle position and C-Pillar position/angle. Blacked out pillars definitely help. On the other hand, the Maestro Van looks superb.

Posted Image

Shit on a stick, thats

a) Lovely

B) Clean

c) local to me

d) Automatic

e) Shite

f) Fookin overpriced IMO

£1000 for a car that's got more years of life left in it than a brand new Daewoo Matiz?? Bargain I say!

Hey this guy looks like a primo shite purveyor, check the junk sitting in the background:

Posted Image

And his other items:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Those 'Super'fives are great little cars, I had a very serious crash in one a few years ago, Hit a stone embankment on the driversside front corner at 60mph, spun and broadsided a lamppost on the passenger side. I managed to walk away pretty much without a scratch. Although given the scary 'A' pillar rot on that one, I dont think i'd trust it in even a minor shunt.

I know of two Renault 5s owned by the same family, one went crunchy on the A-pillar, other under the rear side window. though both cars were early ones. Ill-fitting glass was the cause in both cases, in particular the opening side window hinges can become loose causing the paint to get scratched. That ebay one looks like it might have had the windscreen replaced, poorly.

In all honesty I'd probably stick a bid on that Subaru if there wasn't all that nasty paintwork to do. Wonder how bad it was before he did that?

In all honesty I'd probably stick a bid on that Subaru if there wasn't all that nasty paintwork to do. Wonder how bad it was before he did that?

I had a GLF estate. Not for long as it was bloody awful and was suffering from a big death rattle.

Guest greenvanman

They're lovely things, but surely that's suspiciously cheap? Must be in need of LOTS of TLC.

Possibly, but wearing a current MOT and the description sounds honest enough:

2 Door Convertible, White, Petrol, Manual Much loved cabriolet looking for a new home, currently SORN but has a valid MOT until September 2009. The faults in the last MOT (which the car passed) were as follows: Nearside Front constant velocity joint gaiter deteriorated Offside Front constant velocity joint gaiter deteriorated Rear body has slight corrosion Braking system requires adjustment or repair One headlamp has water in it but this does ot affect the beam pattern Slight binding on o/s/r wheel Oil leak New cam belt and tensioner recently fitted, receipts available for recent work done. Fair condition for age The same owner for 8 years - very genuine reason for sale. £250 ono.

It's only a CJ too, I was offered a proper CTi recently (about a year ago) for just under £200, It only had a short MOT and probably needed a tiny bit of welding for the next one, by the time I'd finished deciding to get it somebody had beaten me to it... I ended up consoling myself by buying a 1.0 Metro.

we've all heard the story about Mk3 Cortinas being compressed at the rear door shuts for the Japanese market.

I haven't! How was that done then Mr Welfare? Bodies put in an enormous vice on the production line? :lol:
Exactly that. Strange but true. I have no idea how many they sold in Japan either, probably 37 or less, which makes the idea even more ridiculous. Hope they squeezed 'em before paint, but knowing how much the Mk3s rust, it probably wouldn't have made much difference.

Shouldn't really, but I reet like these!First car was a Montego. Thought it was lush!(of course in reality.....)http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Montego-2-0-turbo ... 240%3A1318

I used to use one of these daily when I worked on the farm, it just kept on going and going and going, throw it across the fields no problem (unless it was raining) and it never missed a beat. Finally went when the bodywork decided to let go but what a great motor