Ebay tat

GrumpyCat

I wouldnt bother, seller's a twat, I bid on this car before.

The car was originally advertised on autotrader for £425, then it was advertised on ebay for a starting bid of around £200, I placed a bid and had a little challenge until the price went up to around £560.

I phoned up the garage and spoke to the secretary first time round and mentioned the autotrader ad hoping to get it at £425, but she gave me some crappy excuse that the autotrader ad had the wrong price and they tried to cancel it blah blah....

I said I knew that was not the excuse but because of the new ebay price which she reluctantly agreed, I asked her what state the car was in and she confirmed that there was nothing wrong or of concern. I phoned up later on to speak to the seller and another guy (On a conference call) and offered him £600 for the car and £50 up front to end the listing early, he wanted more and after much negotiating I left it.

Later on they put up some pictures showing bubbling along the doors, I knew that Rovers never did this unless the doors had been replaced at some time in thier life, they were not factory doors which were treated, this suggested to me that the car may have been in some sort of accident earlier on, plus other stuff like leaking power steering pump, flaking paint, damage to rear bumper started to come out of the woodwork.

Someone suggested that there may have been some shill bidding on the side too, so I decided to withdraw my bid, the second bidder also withdrew thier bid leaving the first bidder to "win" the car at £300.

He obviously did not take it and surprise surprise almost a month later its back on.

Shame really as I've always wanted a Silver Mk1 Sterling.

Edit - Just noticed that he's lowered the starting price by the princley sum of £5! It was on for £300 before. The new pictures are just as shit, if not worse, than the old one's.

Lord Sterling

Spot the dog? No not the Rover

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ROVER-825i-1997-W ... 0278741012

Posted Image

I thought it was some sort of door mirror attachment, perhaps for towing

Never liked the interior in these, they look and feel cheap, certainly worse than the older velour interiors which were at least thicker, stronger and looked loads better.

Newer cheaper looking velour:

Posted Image

VS:

Older better looking velour:

Posted Image

Of course thats just my opinion (And therefore a fact :wink: )

Lord Sterling

Spot the dog? No not the Rover

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ROVER-825i-1997-W ... 0278741012

Posted Image

I thought it was some sort of door mirror attachment, perhaps for towing

Never liked the interior in these, they look and feel cheap, certainly worse than the older velour interiors which were at least thicker, stronger and looked loads better.

Newer cheaper looking velour:

Posted Image

VS:

Older better looking velour:

Posted Image

Of course thats just my opinion (And therefore a fact :wink: )

Lord Sterling

The ribbed velour looks classier to my eyes, is it just not as nice to sit in/touch?

Not seen one of these before...MK2 Wannabe

I have. Theres a bloke who turns up at every local classic car show, grinning like a cheshire cat, thinking everyone is admiring his car, when in fact we are all looking at it thinking 'What a prat bringing a 90's Micra to a classic car show.'

Attention, Renault 9 lovers:

Posted Image

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1988-E-RENAULT-9- ... 0296700808

80s boxy saloon - tick

French - tick

small engine = cheap tax - tick

slushbox - tick

cool yellow foglamps - tick

I'm liking this muchly. No reserve, good pics, nicely described. 8)

Mark.

That is a nice-looking car. However, Renault + autobox = hassle. Pretty much guaranteed.

Hey that furry Capri would make an ideal weapon for a charidee banger rally, i'm thinking a really hardcore one like Manchester-Liverpool or something.'OMG we set off bleary eyed at 9.30 am ofter a totally krazee night out in Manchester, we took a few wrong turns and had to put some petrol in at Warrington but otherwise we made it by the skin of our teeth, arriving at Liverpool at 11.45am where we dumped our trusty steed at Bootle docks then celebrated our amazing feat in our trademark hedonistic fashion by having a look at the new Liverpool 1 shopping centre, before having a pint in a chain pub and going home on the train'

'OMG we set off bleary eyed at 9.30 am ofter a totally krazee night out in Manchester, we took a few wrong turns and had to put some petrol in at Warrington but otherwise we made it by the skin of our teeth, arriving at Liverpool at 11.45am where we dumped our trusty steed at Bootle docks then celebrated our amazing feat in our trademark hedonistic fashion by having a look at the new Liverpool 1 shopping centre, before having a pint in a chain pub and going home on the train'

Excellent!! They should put it on TV.

9:00pm The Computer Room

Fly-on-the-wall show documenting the lives of self-styled "zany" IT support workers Kevin (33) and Michael (35). This week they take time out from their wacky antics of putting office watercoolers in the lift and shouting Internet catchphrases at the elderly, to embark on the "Loonies to Liverpool" charity rally. Hurtling across the M62 in a fur-covered Ford Capri, they risking upsetting their mums by being late for dinner, as well as the future chances of any lasting human contact.

Viewer discretion advised: Foul language (from viewers)

'OMG we set off bleary eyed at 9.30 am ofter a totally krazee night out in Manchester, we took a few wrong turns and had to put some petrol in at Warrington but otherwise we made it by the skin of our teeth, arriving at Liverpool at 11.45am where we dumped our trusty steed at Bootle docks then celebrated our amazing feat in our trademark hedonistic fashion by having a look at the new Liverpool 1 shopping centre, before having a pint in a chain pub and going home on the train'

Excellent!! They should put it on TV.

9:00pm The Computer Room

Fly-on-the-wall show documenting the lives of self-styled "zany" IT support workers Kevin (33) and Michael (35). This week they take time out from their wacky antics of putting office watercoolers in the lift and shouting Internet catchphrases at the elderly, to embark on the "Loonies to Liverpool" charity rally. Hurtling across the M62 in a fur-covered Ford Capri, they risking upsetting their mums by being late for dinner, as well as the future chances of any lasting human contact.

Viewer discretion advised: Foul language (from viewers)

That'll be on Channel Five next week, were they not showing some toss last night about the Jonathan Toss and Russell Wankah thing?