Ebay tat

GrumpyCat

I looked at an 02 plate 6 seat version of one of those last year. I thought it would be ideal for taking the family out with the bikes and how bad could a van be after 60k miles and 5 years? Answer- very bad indeed.

Oh I know they are truly terrible, but that is part of the appeal (isn't it???).Plus, they are disgustingly cheap. I am contemplating buying one, as I am sure it'd be cheaper than hiring a transit several times a year to move big stuff with....

If you're going to buy one of those, I'd say get one of the pre-95 ones with the Perkins Prima engine - they're (even) noisier but they're more economical and seem to be better at holding motorway speeds than the XUD-powered versions. You might even find one with a Montego TD lump fitted for Sprinter-baiting fun.

If you're going to buy one of those, I'd say get one of the pre-95 ones with the Perkins Prima engine - they're (even) noisier but they're more economical and seem to be better at holding motorway speeds than the XUD-powered versions. You might even find one with a Montego TD lump fitted for Sprinter-baiting fun.

Oh I don'y know, I had a W 2000 that was happy enough at 70 and pretty good on Diesel!

Stuff like this is fuckwit-ness of the highest order. The seller starts the bidding at a grand and says "not running at the moment as it needs a new 10 euro spark plug lead".

Why not spend a tenner on a spark plug lead then? U CHEAP BASTARD.

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... 0256873541

Too tight to buy a digital camera too, so he took a photo with his webcam :roll:

Posted Image

Anyway, moving along...

Nissan Maxima V6. Complete with taxi meter, an ancient Nokia and some religious tat.

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... 0303961252

Posted Image

Posted Image

Humber Hawk, with a 5-speed diesel setup from an LDV van. Hmm.

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... 0312397058

Posted Image

That Subaru, which is so utterly beautiful it cannot be described in mere words, belonged to 'Bryn' off assorted forums, he sold it a couple of years ago to someone who was supposedly from Subaru UK who was gonna restore it for a heritage collection. Loks like it got restored, wonder what the story is?

I've got a brochure for the Samara Juno somewhere. It was quite amusing in that it didn't mention the word "Lada" once. And the Lada badge was altered to make it look more rounded. Don't know if it fooled anyone, but I doubt it given that this is only the third one I've ever seen. That £1000 BIN is a little optimistic for a Lada too, especially one with no T&T.

"Hirst Cabs to break courier market"

Don't tempt me, it is lovely. I'm just imagining going to Makro in it and loading it up with those mental rectangular catering size pizzas and bulk-buy tubs of jelly babies. BLISS!