Ebay tat

GrumpyCat

Posted Image

My 75 has just sold on there for £360. I am fookin gutted, one sold on there a week ago with a horrible yellow respray (with red engine bay and doorshuts), double the mileage and short MOT for £560. Also a 1.8 one with no MOT at all but nice paint, sold for £240. V. poor show. In this case I think I have covered my costs, but thats about it.

Ah well thats the luck of the draw with eBay isnt it. The car is fookin jinxed, at least I will not have to think about it any more.

Posted Image

My 75 has just sold on there for £360. I am fookin gutted, one sold on there a week ago with a horrible yellow respray (with red engine bay and doorshuts), double the mileage and short MOT for £560. Also a 1.8 one with no MOT at all but nice paint, sold for £240. V. poor show. In this case I think I have covered my costs, but thats about it.

Ah well thats the luck of the draw with eBay isnt it. The car is fookin jinxed, at least I will not have to think about it any more.

Yeah, I was surprised it didn't make more, it looked like a good 'un. Coincidentally it sold for exactly half what I paid yesterday for its successor.

Posted Image

Bit modern to be shite at the moment, but being a big Alfa it's more or less guaranteed futureshite.

What a couple of beauties!

I myself have had a dabble today and landed this one-owner 60k Mazda 323 for £100.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Loking forward to binning those wheeltrimz and firing up the polishing mop.

Heheh, I was looking at that earlier and pondering it. Glad it's going to a good home. The Parts section can be a wonderful source of little gems like that if you have the patience to trawl through it.

I myself have had a dabble today and landed this one-owner 60k Mazda 323 for £100.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Interesting coincedence, we had Mat and H_Ks 323s together today and were discussing the idea of having all the different generations of 323s all together.

Posted Image

You could now make that dream come true!

Must be one of the very first 900s! Does it have slightly smaller rear lights, like a 99 coop?Does that 166 satisfy your Alfa craving or will you still want a 156. The 166 is just a slightly bigger, rarer 156 but with headlights that look just a touch too small, making it look like it's squinting! :lol: Is there anything wrong with it or is that the going rate now? Must be one of the first 166s too - they stopped selling them over here after a little while. I think it resulted from for example, a month when 2000 BMW 5 Series were sold & 22 Alfa 166s! :shock:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Interesting coincedence, we had Mat and H_Ks 323s together today and were discussing the idea of having all the different generations of 323s all together.

Posted Image

You could now make that dream come true!

I didn't realise there was a generation between Mat.T's one & Mr Bo11ox's new one! I thought Mat's was the MkII & Mr B's the MkIII?

Must be one of the very first 900s! Does it have slightly smaller rear lights, like a 99 coop?Does that 166 satisfy your Alfa craving or will you still want a 156. The 166 is just a slightly bigger, rarer 156 but with headlights that look just a touch too small, making it look like it's squinting! :lol: Is there anything wrong with it or is that the going rate now? Must be one of the first 166s too - they stopped selling them over here after a little while. I think it resulted from for example, a month when 2000 BMW 5 Series were sold & 22 Alfa 166s! :shock:

It is one of the first 900 Turbos. It still has the 4-speed box. :o It does have the 99 Combi rear lights, but it has foglights on the tailgate as well - not sure if they were standard on Turbos or if they're a later addition. If the latter, they'll soon be going.I still want a 156 - in fact I was after a 156 when I found the 166. It was pretty darn cheap - they don't make a lot of money, and mine's a "basic" model with a shortish test (although 5 months' rent) and a non-functioning heater fan (although the heater itself works fine), but it was still pretty darn cheap for what it is. I'm going to have a go at sorting the heater fan at some point, but I somehow doubt it'll be as simple to sort as it was on the Viva (run two wires direct from the battery to the switch to the fan motor). The owner's manual is 236 pages, which suggests to me that there's a lot of electronic gizmology in there to go wrong...

I suppose it would be lighter? Sounds like it has the same engine as in my 146, therefore I suppose that'd be quicker too being that it's two sizes smaller in the range!Just thought, my mum had a V reg Saab 900 in the early 90s and that had the usual MkI 900 rear lights, so they must have only had the 99 style lights on the first year 1978/9 models!

Ace 323 Mr_B, I love those things and will bang on about how great they are to anyone who will listen.I'm quite tempted to have a 'selected search' of eBay's Parts listings myself, but think I will be killed if I buy another car. Have to console myself with winning a towbar for 1p for the 800, hopefully it will be successfully collected next week.

I'm sure I'll have one of those 323s at some point, they're missing from my list at the moment even though I've had the model either side of it (and both rated highly by me). What about this one:

Posted Image

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1987-Mazda-323-GL ... 0167165533

Be like Wuvvum:

Posted Image

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MAZDA-121-Long-MO ... 0166423168

How angular?

Posted Image

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1980-MITSUBISHI-C ... 0177490739

I like this one:

Posted Image

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1984-NISSAN-SUNNY ... 0165739875

This poor old thing's been shunted around for a couple of years now.

Posted Image

Looks ace - how much do I regret giving away all my R17 parts (early 5 speed box and 1565 cross flow engine would go (almost) straight into this. I even had the floor hump to weld in to clear the larger 'box :( )? If I still had those bits I'd put a bid on!

Posted Image

1989 Toyota Century

Love these, they are on my "must own" list. Burgundy is an odd colour for them too. Wine red interiors are great!

Posted Image

1986 Toyota Carina II GL

These are getting thin on the ground. I like them best in gold, though.

Posted Image

1973 Raymanboy Turdmobile GLX

"we are happy for bidders to place bids on eBay on this particular item of: No less than one pound and may be more than"

No. But the link up of this Derby Rolls Royce engine is to a throaty stainless steel exhaust with additional fans etc and yes I have taken an Opel Monza around the Thruxton race circuit while during for General Motors Dealers meeting their launching of the Vauxhaul Astra in 1985. Thats the one or two before the one you just bought or the ONE you think you're buying here. There is room probably for a Bentley straight eight and superT - why not make a model sitting in front and impress the girl next door? This aint any Astra, the car's a star mate not for jokes unless you suck as much as this induction system! Not new to eBay or supercharging think you'll get this for nothing or nought at your expense of a joke. Lets hope none take this too seriously as it might affect their bank balance but thats up to them not us. Crossflows are out of datemate - Rover thought of something else you didnt think of - too late! Cheerymerry! Chelsea.

Wot. The. Fuuuuuuck. :shock::shock::shock: "Not new to eBay or supercharging think you'll get this for nothing or nought at your expense of a joke". What in the name of buggery is that supposed to mean :?::?::?: Tell you what though, if this stays on that sort of money I'll probably have a punt myself - it'd be worth that just for the chance to meet the legend in person... :D

This poor old thing's been shunted around for a couple of years now.

Posted Image

Looks ace - how much do I regret giving away all my R17 parts (early 5 speed box and 1565 cross flow engine would go (almost) straight into this. I even had the floor hump to weld in to clear the larger 'box :( )? If I still had those bits I'd put a bid on!

A TN? That's a new one on me - where did it sit in the range? Was there a TN on any other Renault?

Love the funky steering wheel! 8)