Ebay tat

GrumpyCat

TBH, the very thought of a 750i send me screaming like a girl to hide under a duvet.Doubtless very lovely when on form, but they all seem to be knackered in one way or other, and terminally un-DIY-able. I'll stick to my 6-potters, ta. (Non-nikasil-grenaded V8 would be Ok ;) )

I did like my E32 750iL - probably the most refined car I've ever driven, Lexus included. It was obscenely thirsty though - made the Lexus look like a Polo SDI - and there was the ever-present nagging knowledge that if anything went wrong there was no way in heck I was ever going to be able to fix it. And it wasn't really all that quick - the Saab 9000 Turbo I had at the time would leave it for dead up to the ton. I still miss it though - no other car I've driven has been as relaxed at 120mph. And no other car has had rear headrests that automatically raise themselves when you buckle the seatbelt. 8)

Ah the nikasil issue, right pain in the arse when i was looking at 328's

Quite. When I got my cards last year I contemplated a 328i Sport as a bit of a treat with the pay-off, but everything that was nice could also have been a nikasil time-bomb. So I fixed my E30 instead.

I consider these shite now; and i WANT one;

Can see myself wafting to the shops in double glazed glory in this. All that equipment and a 5 litre V8 for such little money! Please....

Posted Image

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1994-MERCEDES-S500-LIMO-AUTO-BROWN_W0QQitemZ350086978798

I have two of these at the moment, one like the above - 5litre 32v v8 and an S280.

The v8 is the smoothest car I've ever driven, and makes a great noise when floored, but it is nowhere near as fast as my old 560SEC. That was a beast - 300hp and an LSD... Would swap it back any time!

The S280 is my current daily drive (600 mile commute each week). It's a big old comfortable bus that returns 33mpg - pretty good for such a huge ride, but it is quite possibly the slowest car I've ever owned - Put your foot down, and it just make more noise. I've been out-dragged by a Kia Pride FCS!

But you are right Owain, they are definitely now shite. My mate Perm picked up a w140 S320 with LPG for £300 a few weeks ago, matt blacked it, slammed it over 19's and it looks ace - owes him less than a grand...

The S280 is my current daily drive (600 mile commute each week). It's a big old comfortable bus that returns 33mpg - pretty good for such a huge ride, but it is quite possibly the slowest car I've ever owned

Surely not?

Posted Image

Put your foot down, and it just make more noise. I've been out-dragged by a Kia Pride FCS!

Kia Prides are actually bloody quick. I had a Mazda 121 (Pride shape) for a while as my daily and it used to regularly leave A4s, 3 series and Saxo VTRs choking on its exhaust fumes. 76lb/ft and the weight of an empty crisp packet made for a zippy drive. In the dry at least - when it was wet the 145R12 tyres were rather overwhelmed.

The S280 is my current daily drive (600 mile commute each week). It's a big old comfortable bus that returns 33mpg - pretty good for such a huge ride, but it is quite possibly the slowest car I've ever owned

Surely not?

Posted Image

SURELY NOT!!!!!!1!

(what about 'annabel')

Posted Image

I can't imagine 'roger' having a massive urge for the horizon either for that matter.....

I want that limo SOOO much!I've just sold my Carlton limo too so I may have space for another shite based strech...It's gonna be hard to resist, but I must at least try as my finances are non existent at the moment :cry:EDIT: Just noticed it's fugging miles away in Nuneaton... Hopefully that'll be enough to put me off for another 6 days and 20 hours! MUST NOT BID!Shit, it's on my watch list now :roll:

Warning!!! Any big aging motor like that S-Class and the 750: You'll feel like a dog with 2 kox when you pick it up for the first date

Posted Image

You'll bare your soul to it on long Sunday drives to the middle of nowhere

Posted Image

You will spend the first weekend completely in love - never taking your eyes off it

Posted Image

Then the arguments start

Posted Image

Then settle down into mundane normality

Posted Image

You've been warned.

But do it anyway. :wink: