Ebay tat

GrumpyCat

I had a 408 Mosky -predecessor to this one. I bought it off the illegal that managed to get it here from Ukraine -3 of them drove it the whole way -nicking 'more appropriate' plates to get them across Europe and in here no probs! So much for 'Border guards'. They then wanted shot -quickly -and i was quite happy to oblige.

I had made it almost UK roadworthy -the exhaust & tyres were just beyond belief and I was trying to get some inventive paperwork together to Uk register it when it was destroyed in my barn fire.

From recollection second from left front row -between the Renault 16TX and Fiat 125 (S1)- it had only gone in there a week before- as I'd stalled over a rear light lense.

So -this interests me -and although I need another Eastern bloc -indeed any car -without keys/paperwork 200+ miles away -like a 3rd a***hole -I might have a punt.

Waddya think?

I think you should go for this one instead. Much cooler.

Posted Image

Appreciate the sentiment Wuvvum -just cos you've bought an A30!Dunno -2 minds, like. Doesnt look that special does it -only redeeming feature -rarity. Its not tax free -DVLA says July 73 so its too big a stretch to get 'manufactured' status -which is prob why its off road.Feeling ambivalent here -which prob means I'll pass. Could make a lower offer if it doesnt sell.......so I'll step aside if you want a go

OMG!! I HAVE WANTED ONE OF THESE FOR YEARS WTF BBQ!!!!

Posted Image

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120155933642

Alfa 33 wagon with shonky dog clutch 4wd!!!! That matt black on the bottom half looks a bit suspect like.

Why the hell has that come up so soon after buying the 929 'top.

Well I've had a bid on it, so if I win it you can have first dibs when I get bored.

Heres a good one:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1989-MASERATI-228-COUPE-TURBO-AUTO-BLACK_W0QQitemZ180153413554

Posted Image

This maser has a mashed engine due to half-arsed timing belt fittage. I wonder what engine you could fit instead. NOT A PINTO OK. Ideally an interesting V-something, I wonder how difficult it would be to join an Audi V6 to the maser auto box.

Saying that it maight be possible to repair the maz engine if you are handy.

Saying that it maight be possible to repair the maz engine if you are handy.

Erm... yes, if you were very handy. They're not the easiest of engines to work on - I speak from experience. :? I suspect something like an Alfa V6 from a 75 would be fairly easy to fit - or even a 24V from a 164 with a bit of buggering about. That would give you a power output not too far short of the original Maser engine.

Never thought I'd see a Moskvich on ebay either. That white one looks fairly presentable as well. As someone who's first car was a Wartburg Knight I've a particular fondness for those seventies East European machines. The Motor road test on the 1973 Moskvich was quite a read; they gave it one star for the brakes, describing them as 'dangerous'. I think the Wartburg was a much nicer car.

Posted Image

Alfa 33 wagon with shonky dog clutch 4wd!!!! That matt black on the bottom half looks a bit suspect like.

It lives in that kingdom of tat called Brighton! Now there's a surprise!

These have suddenly got seriously scarce in the last few years, even the late 33's crop up only once in a while. :shock:

Gordon Bennett! How much is that gonna finish on? I'm a big Fiat fan obviously but if I was gonna spend that kind of money I'd rather get a Talbot Sunbeam Lotus - 0-60 in 6.6 secs! 8)
£3900 :!: It is a nice example though as I had a look round it at Autoitalia which is where he took those Ebay pics by the look of it. The bloke selling it posted on FMCGB, and from what I gather there was a lot of interest, as usual, from the Emerald Isle. So wouldn't surprise me if that is were it ends up....

Hey wuvz, I didnt know you were selling this, if your buyer lets you down give me a shout, that looks a total snip at £200.

Posted Image

It was a total snip. I was peed off that it didn't make more. If the buyer doesn't go through with it (which he probably will, as he seems pretty enthusiastic from his emails) I'll probably keep it TBH - the deal on the Lancia Beta went sour when the seller called me a prick (although to be honest it was headed that way right from the start, when he refused to answer any of the questions I asked him about the car but emailed me twice a day asking "Where's my money? Where's my money?", and then filed a non-paying bidder alert two days before the day I'd said I would pay for and collect the car) and the A30 is probably going to go tits up as well as I don't have a tow car at the moment (Trooper has a blown turbo and Carlton has major cooling system issues) and the seller needs it moved ASAP (wish he'd said that in the advert), so I'm running low on old heaps at the moment. Still, looks like the Jeep is going to go ahead (if I can get away with driving 100 miles in a written-off car without getting stopped) and the Mazda 121 I picked up on Tuesday night was a fairly good buy, so it's not all doom and gloom...

Posted Image

IIRC I think that matt black lower half was factory spec - to make it look more ready to OFF - ROAD!

Anyway good luck with the bidding shiters - it's a perfect example of Autoshite

It was a total snip. I was peed off that it didn't make more. If the buyer doesn't go through with it (which he probably will, as he seems pretty enthusiastic from his emails) I'll probably keep it TBH - the deal on the Lancia Beta went sour when the seller called me a prick (although to be honest it was headed that way right from the start, when he refused to answer any of the questions I asked him about the car but emailed me twice a day asking "Where's my money? Where's my money?", and then filed a non-paying bidder alert two days before the day I'd said I would pay for and collect the car) and the A30 is probably going to go tits up as well as I don't have a tow car at the moment (Trooper has a blown turbo and Carlton has major cooling system issues) and the seller needs it moved ASAP (wish he'd said that in the advert), so I'm running low on old heaps at the moment. Still, looks like the Jeep is going to go ahead (if I can get away with driving 100 miles in a written-off car without getting stopped) and the Mazda 121 I picked up on Tuesday night was a fairly good buy, so it's not all doom and gloom...

Did you go & check out that Alfa GTV in the end? The one up the road from you.

Mazda 626 love comin' up:

Posted Image

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1989-MAZDA-626-GLX-S-R-AUTO-BLUE-2-PREVIOIUS-OWNERS_W0QQitemZ280148280069

two owners, BIN of £300. Lovely.

Posted Image

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1988-MAZDA-626-2-0-GTI-16V-Twincam-Mot-May-2008-Tax-Nov_W0QQitemZ260153580577

I think I might get one of these soon, very appealing. Not a fan of this fuggin awful kit, very 'period' though, dont think I could bring myself to tear it off.

Posted Image

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1987-MAZDA-626-GLX-WHITE_W0QQitemZ220144284267

Bad photo skillz0rz, the car looks lovely though, dont see many of this shape of 626 about any more. Vicsmith have you still got yours?

Posted Image

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1988-MAZDA-626-GLX-EXEC-BLUE_W0QQitemZ260151950804

This one finished a few days ago, no MOT but res not met at £72. VALU!

I thought about giving the guy a ring cos the car is very near to me in Crewe, but I spent a packet last week collecting that 929 and this week I have bought a new Mig welder so I best lay off for a while.

There’s also an unkitted 626 coupe for sale in Norwich, 67k and just under a grand. It’s on the Auto Trader, been there a couple of weeks so might be worth making an offer…It’s terrible isn’t it? We know that in 5-10 years time these cars are going to be virtually extinct and we’ll wish we’d been buying them up now, but with limits on time, space and money what can we do?

i had a really decent mazda 626 before it was a 4 door saloon the old square rearwheel drive ones 2litre not 1600 went alrighti liked it alotshame about what i did with it but there again thats what happens when u buy a road car for nothing !! was ok got a lil money back on tax and then what u guys hate most happend ,. not intending to wind you up here

Not to worry Mr Farina, once cars reach the bottom of their depreciation curve (before it becomes "cool" again) it just seems to happen unless it's particularly fancy/sporty/useless as a banger. Would bet around the time when you did it, you could put it up for sale for a pittance and no one would ring up asking to view it.No worse than someone just running it into the ground until it breaks, or getting a new car on finance and the dealer sending the old one straight to be cubed, which I would bet are much bigger causes of death for old Japanese stuff than banger racing!