Ebay tat

GrumpyCat

*Coming up next Julember Cavette remembers how to do 'proper' eBay links.

What's a 'proper' eBay link?
It's where those clever people have a word that links to the item. A bit like Pog's epic eBay post on here with pictures and words.
Oh that - even I've mastered that, I'm just usually too lazy to do it as it's a bit fiddly. I had to pick it up by hovering the mouse over the URL button in a new message & it brings up the 2 examples of methods of using the code for URL. I think I've just about done it enough times now to remember it without having to remind myself but it isn't easy to remember.
Think of it as a really basic level of programming, I think I've nailed it

Posted Image

You can either click the pic, or EAT MY TEXT

Thanks Mr B -watched this last time when it '' sold'' for around £1500.Clearly -it didnt! Gotta pay for the Bellett shortly and I'm kinda deluged- but that probably wont stop me watching -hoping -silly bid if it doesnt go daft...Cheers -appreciated. Hadn't spotted it

YEOW!!!!

That's got me smashing my yogurt truck into a bus stop full of nuns at billy mill roundabout. Wonder how much discord it would cause?

Then again I'd probably just luzz it in a barn & forget about it like I've done my Saloon. :roll:

Reg -my sniper is free -and bids 6 secs from the end. Try Gixen.com.

Really? I'll have to have a try then, not that I'm adversed to doing it manually but I suppose it's about not having to sit there in front of the PC as the auction winds down! I take it you can set it up & then forget about it & let it do it's thing?Although surely if it was free everybody would be sniping auctions in the final 6 seconds & therefore everybody would be the winner which isn't possible. I suppose it would have to come down to fractions of a second which really does leave it in the lap of the gods doesn't it!

Reg, its always the person who's bid the most that wins! Sniping means that no-one can get a bid in after yours, but if another bidder has bid more than you, the sniping will make no difference. So, youre not really in the lap of the gods.IN the case of the Marina Pickup that I bid on, I lost it because my max bid was less than the minimum increment above what someone else had bid, so mine was not a valid bid. Still smarts that one! I woulda loved that! Guess I should have bid a bit more.

Reg, its always the person who's bid the most that wins! Sniping means that no-one can get a bid in after yours, but if another bidder has bid more than you, the sniping will make no difference. So, youre not really in the lap of the gods.IN the case of the Marina Pickup that I bid on, I lost it because my max bid was less than the minimum increment above what someone else had bid, so mine was not a valid bid. Still smarts that one! I woulda loved that! Guess I should have bid a bit more.

True but to be safe you'd end up bidding more than you'd really want to & be forced to pay more than it's worth simply to make sure you won it. I suppose in rare cases you would win things by pipping people as long as their bid isn't particularly high. But I suppose sellers would welcome the fact that lots of people could be having possible high bids wanged in by bots with more success meaning a better end price.Don't understand those increments though, I've definitely won things by a penny before unles they've changed the rules so that people don't get upset by losing something at such a slim margin! :roll:

I use it constantly -have to with the numbers of vehicles I need bits for.I decide my max -enter and forget. If I then get it -great -if not -well someone paid a pricce higher than I wanted to go -fair play to them.It helps takes the drama out -you set a sensible level and arent swayed by auction fever -and enables you to walk away -handy at the weekends when SWMBO's around! Just 'settle up' Monday!

I use it constantly -have to with the numbers of vehicles I need bits for.

I decide my max -enter and forget. If I then get it -great -if not -well someone paid a pricce higher than I wanted to go -fair play to them.

It helps takes the drama out -you set a sensible level and arent swayed by auction fever -and enables you to walk away -handy at the weekends when SWMBO's around! Just 'settle up' Monday!

Sounds ideal! I can't for the life of me understand these people that whack on a massive great bid, their maximum days before the end of the auction & just hope that it's enough to see them through! All that will happen is that people will have to try & beat it & they'll have all the time in the world to do that. Even if it's more than they want to pay, it's like a red rag to a bull, if they really want it they will keep bidding till they've outbid you! Either that or they'll push you close but then give up before they outbid you (not realising how close they are) & then you'll be forced to pay virtually your maximum amount or alot more than you might have done if you'd come in late! People like that must have more money than sense & it's frustrating for others who really want something to have to try & beat a stupidly large bid. Sellers must love dunderheads like that though as they know they'll rake it in when a proper bidding war kicks off! The only time I've ever considered doing that is on something I really really wanted & I was going to be unavoidably away from the computer, like on holiday or something. You have a very poor success rate though because someone will always make it their mission to beat your bid. Think I've won about 1 in 10 by doing that. Been slightly relieved afterwards when the dust has settled & I realised that person had just saved me from paying far more than the item was worth - more fool them! The auction 'must win! must have!' emotion is very powerful though & so easy to get swept up into! :oops: