Ebay tat

GrumpyCat

It is a bit weird isn't it, some spelling mistakes on it are consistent. Hope he doesn't make back the full £750 he paid for it on Buy It Now, but I bet it'll sell for more than that if the Irish DRIFT SQUAD pick up on it.I almost want to buy it just to defy them all and keep it standard.

And I bet it'll end up in Ireland.

Why is it everything is ending up in Ireland? Has it always been that way? Everywhere I look I read about how some Irishman got hold of some such & such old interesting car that had spent the first 20 yrs of it's life in Blighty! I only just pipped an Irishman to my car......one wonders if they're trying to create some kind of uprising against new cars over there? There's a letter in 'reader's letters' in the latest Renault Owner's Club Magazine thanking the club for helping them to find a buyer for their R20 - guess where it's gone? Yes that's right, the Emerald Isle never to be seen again! :(

Still, it must mean that Ireland will become one hell of a place to spot old cars, on a par with Mauritius the way things are going!

Ireland used to be an amazing place to spot old cars, they even got cars that were never seen over here but of course the roads until recently were shocking, accidents were common and with no MOT cars were driven until they rotted. Now there's more money there and people want the cars that they remember fondly so over to Ireland they go, as people are buying them for presevation they stand a good chance of survival too, keeps the values up too!

That Dangan is quite a machine, it has arguably the most sophisticated Kei-car engine ever made! It's actually 5 valves per cylinder, so 15V! This is the "big block" 659cc version which came in when the Kei-car regulations changed to allow engines to be under 660cc (was previously 550cc). Even with an autobox it should be a good laugh, probably 0-60 in about 9 seconds.

I'll give you a fiver for the centre console. :P

Do you really need a centre console? I've got an E reg 323 saloon i'm gonna use for bangers coming to me on Saturday, i'll see what condition the centre console is in if you like?

I'll give you a fiver for the centre console. :P

Do you really need a centre console? I've got an E reg 323 saloon i'm gonna use for bangers coming to me on Saturday, i'll see what condition the centre console is in if you like?
Yep, I do. My 323 Turbo's console is missing, someone took a fancy to the CD player and decided to take the whole console. :roll: Cheers.

I thought it said '5v' on the cam cover in the shots. The owner must be blind.Can you get them with a manual 'box?I quite fancy a mental turbocharged Kei replacement for the Justy.

Yep they come in manual box too, but they are pretty rare cars overall.

I...DON'T...NEED...TWO, I...DONT...NEED...TWO :!::!::!:

Posted Image

Bit odd really, I'm sure an '82 car would be series 2 (longer wrap around on the bumpers, big plastic dash) whereas this is a series 1 car.

It looks a beauty. Could end up very pricey. £650 start means I'm out before it even gets going!!!

I sooooo want that Renault 30, :D Hmmm time to get rid of my 9-3 and go back to basics i recon!!Great site btw, glad i'm not alone in my aversion to the more bizzare vehicular creations.

Damn You Mr.Flakes! :wink: Just seen the R30 and come rushing on here to post it up, only to find that You've beaten me to it! :) Looks tempting....But my phantom R20 (if I ever get it) is at least as nice, lower mileage, and will be cheaper to run! :DI've text Darren, vendor of my R20 about it....Looks like he's gonna go all out for it....Another R30 to a good home....Kewl 8)Welcome, Volksy btw :wink:

So you still feel charitable towards him despite him taking the pee with your R20? :?

I'm not a vindictive person....I think he's genuinely a busy man, and not ripping me off....And besides, I wanna see that lovely R30 go to a loving home, and he PAMPERS his cars, believe me! :wink:

I'm gonna give them a call and see if they want to swop for my Saab 9-3. Fingers crossed, it's so goldtastic!!

Good luck Volksy - though my guess is the garage are selling on behalf of the old giffer owner, who's probably more interested in hard cash to replace the carpet he had to cut up to line the front footwells.

Surely the oldest 9-3's are still worth well over a grand? :o

I reckon the R30 will top a grand easy (but please don't laugh if I'm wrong - I know nothing about car values above £250).Volksy - bear in mind running costs for the R30 if you're planning to use it as you would the Saab - I get about 14 to the gallon from mine (though the fact the box never drops to first probably makes that a little worse than it sould be)! :shock: Thats why I'm now commuting in my diesel XM - MUCH lighter on the wallet.

Fuel consumption thankfully isnt that much of a concern, I get a fuel allowance from work, plus i live approx 2 miles from work anyway. :D Dunno what the 9-3 is worth myself, but havent called yet so will post on here as soon as i get an answer.

Just noticed the R30 is only a 3 day listing - price might not go that high?

Anyway - elsewhere (not ebay) there's a round eye Renault 10 for sale. Dodgy paint but sound and MOT'd according to the advert....

Not this actual one, but here's a reminder of what they look like (click pic to see ad)....

Posted Image

I'm watching with interest to see how much it gets....I reckon it'll fetch a GOOD price personally....It's reached it's reserve @ £800, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it get two-grand at least! 8)

Re that Renault 30TX on ebay, I don't understand when sellers have such an obviously exceptional car they don't go to the trouble of putting some decent photos on. Must admit though it looks sensational even from those lousy pics.

Anyway - elsewhere (not ebay) there's a round eye Renault 10 for sale. Dodgy paint but sound and MOT'd according to the advert....

Not this actual one, but here's a reminder of what they look like (click pic to see ad)....

Posted Image

I much prefer that style of R10, I assume it's the later style? Indicators always seem to end up next to the headlights on facelift vehicles.....R14, Strada, Ital, MkI Passat, are examples that spring to mind.

Wow, no wonder the numberplate is worth a bit, never seen one with question marks in it before - must be unique! :shock:

I'm watching with interest to see how much it gets....I reckon it'll fetch a GOOD price personally....It's reached it's reserve @ £800, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it get two-grand at least! 8)
Is it as good as your R20 will be? £2000? Are you trying to make yourself feel better?......c'mon how much did you splash for your R20? :shock:

I rate the R20/30 very highly but don't forget it's still not good enough to get a listing in the directory of cl*ss*c cars make by make in the hallowed back pages of Practical Cl*ss*cs! It's not like they're only interested in MGBs, there are listings for plenty of cars more to our liking - mum's Supra is already in there! - but they've overlooked so many interesting cars like the R20/30!