Ebay tat

GrumpyCat

Posted Image

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-Passat-Volkswagen-Kustom-MK1-MK2-Golf-Hotrod_W0QQitemZ330239639790

Surely the most blatant example of scene tax I have ever 'scene' (d'you see what I did there)?

It has only done 62,000 original miles (one original owner who passed it onto a guy who I bought it from 2 months later as he bought a project car)

:roll:

The bodywork has been completely prepped for a top coat, I have primered it and flat sanded it (400 grade) to get a ratty look but it just needs a once over with some 500 grade paper to be ready to be sprayed whatever colour you choose, I was going to do it a dark satin green, all in all a very easy project, in fact it cannot get any easier than this. Just needs a roof rack now (obtainable from www.ukpassats.co.uk)

Righto, so you have taken your sanding block to the original paint, great selling point that. 0.6/10

BUY-IT-NOW £1500!

That Passat looks awful, although there's a few I've seen around Brighton (non scene ones, old people driving...) which I find sort of attractive...TK is the squarest vehicle I've ever seen... I would love it though and at £2.5k seemed a bit of a bargain... Wouldn't like the MPG though...

Posted Image

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-Passat-Volkswagen-Kustom-MK1-MK2-Golf-Hotrod_W0QQitemZ330239639790

Surely the most blatant example of scene tax I have ever 'scene' (d'you see what I did there)?

It's not often I get mad about a model of car that isn't really my cup of tea, but this is such a crock that I'm going to get on my high horse.

For probably 20 years it was owned by the same owner, who (judging by the description) seemed to have kept it in a very smart condition. Then it landed on the lap of this chap, who decided it wasn't cool enough for him and set out modifying in the most dreadful way possible. Couldn't he have just boshed a smart set of wheels on it or something?

Now he's taken it this far, the only potential buyers can really only be other VW scene boys and I bet even they won't want someone else's handiwork as where would be the fun in that? Now I'm going to pick apart the auction like an unpleasant little prick.

I'm selling my beloved 1984 VW Passat estate

You're having a laugh, if it was so beloved you wouldn't be chopping it in for some aircooled tat as mentioned later!

the rear tailgate has been customised ie: smoothed over with a steel plate welded in and the number plate mounted on the rear bumper, only for looks

Yeah they look bloody ridiculous when they have a numberplate in the middle of the tailgate, looks much better lashed onto the rear bumper at the side like some sort of Q-plated offroad kitcar.

Just needs a roof rack now

You couldn't make it up.

There's a disturbing trend in "half-arsed SCENE wankness" being applied to a high percentage of surviving Mk2 Passat estates. It boils my piss, as I think they are lovely. A GL5-equipped jobbie with tow bar and roof rails would seriously charge my glass.

There's a disturbing trend in "half-arsed SCENE wankness" being applied to a high percentage of surviving Mk2 Passat estates. It boils my piss, as I think they are lovely. A GL5-equipped jobbie with tow bar and roof rails would seriously charge my glass.

I completely agree, and having owned a GL5 with stacking and draggin aparatus can defo vouch for them as a top motor!

A bit late to the Passat debate.... Hmmm. The car? Meh! But he's used the word "Kustom" in the title! Bah!!! :x (Some R-R'ers might get that :wink: )(I've had to half explain a possibly slightly "in" joke which means it is inherently not very funny)The motorhome is awesome! Is that a radio aerial pointing straight ahead out the front like a somewhat meager unicorns horn?

Re: THAT Passat. The bloke is obviously an utter knob, as it now looks shit, would have been better just slamming it, and putting some mmon discs on - an easy afternoons work.Instead he's left with something that looks stupid and wasted feck knows how many man-hours on it.These old buses do make fine bangers though - it took us 3 meetings to kill one!! :evil: That Capri appears a bit cheap to me; it appears that all you need to do is find any old shitty 1970's/80's Ford and you're sitting on money. £650 for something that looks as "OK" as that is a bit of a bargain.