Ebay tat

GrumpyCat

More inane nonsense from eBay's no.1 export from 'one flew over the cuckoo's nest':

Posted Image

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Rolls-Shadow-One-01-01-1970-Sahara-Gold-over-chestnut_W0QQitemZ220201319803

The car's mileage reading of over £100,000

:roll:

in ten years we havent really had it serviced despite it needing it years ago

Hearing Aid Beige - CheckPoverty Spec - CheckSmattering of Rust - CheckTaxed and Tested under 200 notes - Checkhttp://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1981-VAUXHALL-AST ... dZViewItem

Wuvvum high bidder - Check. So mitts orf! :wink: Actually if I win it I probably won't keep it very long - it's just one of the cars that's on my list to own at some stage as my dad had one when I were a lad, so once I've had the Mk1 Astra experience I'll probably stick it back on the Bay.
Ths car previously belonged to Pog, and Mike off R-R!
aaaarghh, bloody Aldershot - 5 minutes from my old house. :evil:

It’s too beige for anyone outside of Autoshite…Was it only pov-spec Opels that got the round headlights, or did some Astras too?

Think it was just the saloons, I remember my mates mums Astray was a 1300S with them.

Ths car previously belonged to Pog, and Mike off R-R!

Yup, I remember seeing it on the "For Sale/Wanted" message board quite recently. Was tempted then but was bidding on another Mk1 at the time, which I eventually got outbid on. Quite like the idea of a saloon one though - it'll be like the Sud, a saloon that looks like a hatchback. Then I'll need a Citroën GS and an Allegro to complete the set. And then for hatchbacks that look like saloons, that nice Simca 1100 and a Daihatsu applause.I need to get out more.

Posted Image

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=160204693531

Brand new Fiat 126 engine. Sold for £1050!

Crikey!! :shock:

Have got the engine out of mine at the mo, in bits overhauling it, complete gasket and seal change etc.

Couldn't justify that amount of money on a standard engine even though it's barn fresh. If you could get more ponies - then possibly....

Good luck on the Astra, Wuvsbury. It's a nice little car that one. Very peppy to drive, though 4 on the floor is a bit wearysome on the motorways.

Missed it. :( I wasn't going to go over 200 on it, and it went up to that a couple of minutes from the end. I would have gone higher but I already have five cars to pay for/collect at the moment and I don't want to go overboard.Having said that, I am now high bidder on that blue one. :roll:

Guest greenvanman

As for that Roller ...

box of frogs, hatter, sack of snakes etc.

And it's a seriously crusty old pile too, for anyone who can't be arsed to look here's the highlights...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Niiiice.

How much??!!http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1989-MERCEDES-190 ... dZViewItem\\is there something I'm missing here?

2.5-16 is the Cosworth one though isn't it?Fast, rare, desirable manual box, low miles, probably not an exorbitant price, these will only go up from here on.
Aye. 202bhp and a manual 'box in a small RWD saloon, so GR8 4 DRIFTIN (6-foot-diameter steering wheel aside). And a wonderful Q-car. I think they have a dogleg gearbox on those too, same as the higher-powered manual Beemers of the early '80s. I reckon that's probably worth £6K to the right person.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0218692709

Posted Image

Q: ive been looking at this car and i was just wondering if you like you can give me £20 and i will take it to the scrap regards ps got low loader 07-Feb-08

A: I was considering your offer but unfortunately you don't have 100% feedback. sorry

nob.

ps, I can't help myself, I'm gonna have to bid.

Nice one Rich_Welf. Pretty good price for one of those with that much T&T. Looks in fairly good nick too, bonnet scratch aside. And I'm sure Mrs_Welf will be much happier having that sat on the driveway than the multi-coloured one.

Heh - I was hoping to do the transfer tonight, as she's at an Alison Moyet concert - but will have do it on the sly on Saturday. My theory is provided there is an L-reg 405 estate in the garage, she won't cotton on - particularly as the garage light is currently buggered (waiting for it to dry out now the roof has been replaced) so she won't notice the colour change! Hopefully the GLDT will have gone by the time I need to "come clean"...

The Hunter has had the headgasket done less than 3000 miles ago - with the head properly skimmed and pressure tested - and the cambelt at the same time, and the guy has owned it 8 years, so (fingers crossed) it's the car I should have bought in the first place.

Oh, apparently the (now touched-in) bonnet scratch reads "HI M8", maybe I will add "ANY GUD 4 DRIFTIN" :lol:

Lets see a pic of the 405 harlequin again please!!

You asked for it...

Posted Image

It currently looks worse as the offside front wing (new) is primer black. I have been using it for work all week though which has caused some raised eyebrows in the corporate car park. Pulls like a f***ing train though, much better than any car with 248k on the clock has any right to do.