Ebay tat

GrumpyCat

Posted Image

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/commer-carrier-ti ... 0020676175

Who on earth was buying these thing in 1979? (Well, West Yorks council, obv!)

Lovely old thing, that must be one of the final few, as 1978 was the last year of manufacture. Very popular with local Authorities due to the cheap buying/operating costs, bet todays cash strapped Councils would love 'em :lol:

Probably not.

There's an old boy round here with one on a T-plate, I reckon the paint must be a good half inch thick on it by now, seems to get coated with yellow/black rustoleum on an annual basis.

I was working next to what used to be the old Karrier factory last week. The old railway line into it remains, but the plant has long gone, replaced by grey monolithic warehouses (and NO OS benchmark, yeah thanks promap!)

Do you think it would be most sensible to (a)use the old factory railway line for a guided bus route or (b)tear up a whole strip of green 100 yards away? Guess what's actually happening.

Very popular with local Authorities due to the cheap buying/operating costs, bet todays cash strapped Councils would love 'em :lol:

What, a council give some thought to the vehicles they use? Nah, they'd just have contracted that out at ultimately much greater cost to some faceless service provider. But at least nobody at the Council would have to think about it.

Posted Image

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0219449495

Sound moderately repulsive in the description, but I suspect that these are a significantly endangered species these days. Register very high on my WAGONOMETER. Too expensive? Sounds like trouble. ARGH.

These are indeed mega rare, absolutely rubbish for carrying stuff though!

but I suspect that these are a significantly endangered species these days. Register very high on my WAGONOMETER.

These are indeed mega rare, absolutely rubbish for carrying stuff though!
An't really be much more pants at being an "estate car" than my BMW Touring, surely? Only large object to comfortably fit through the boot aperture? MASSIVE MUSHROOMS.

Posted Image

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1980-mitsubishi-LANCER-drift-machine-classic-manual-RWD_W0QQitemZ130196954287

Got all the key words in there:

drift machine classic manual RWD

comes with a 10" drift steering wheel with chrome boss specially imported from abroad

this car i used as drifting in the wet loved every second of it ive brought my self another drifter so this beast whitch served me well needs to go to a new home.

i went in to a rock whitch cought the corner ive been driving it since no problem

1410cc 4speed manual

Sounds like the classic recipe of too much power for the drivers skill level :roll::lol::lol::roll:

"TRANSPORT SERVICE"

transport serviceIm 26 years old polish men. Im living in Southampton 4 years and i have very good experience of driving in Hampshire, Essex, Bristol and Bath, Devon, Dorset. Im quick and safety driver.Will drop you of or pick you up from anywhere and any time you need me. Please contact me on my email or phone no. 07731380716 thenx Martin

Sounds nice and legitimate.

"TRANSPORT SERVICE"

transport serviceIm 26 years old polish men. Im living in Southampton 4 years and i have very good experience of driving in Hampshire, Essex, Bristol and Bath, Devon, Dorset. Im quick and safety driver.Will drop you of or pick you up from anywhere and any time you need me. Please contact me on my email or phone no. 07731380716 thenx Martin

Sounds nice and legitimate.
From the same seller:"RELIABLE AND FRIENDLY CLEANERS AVAILABLE TO CLEAN PRIVATE HOMES IN AND AROUND SOUTHAMPTON AREA 24-7 COMPETITIVE RATESCONACT VIOLET ON 07955666580 OR BY EMAIL"Clean them out more like!