Ebay tat

GrumpyCat

An A-reg golf Gti! Now thats pretty rare, sadly some clown has put later grille and bumpers on it, thus erasing most of its visual appeal.

Posted Image

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1984-VOLKSWAGEN-GOLF-GTI-BLACK_W0QQitemZ120526045701

Still, shouldnt be too difficult to get it back to how it should be. I could quite fancy this.

My friend is attempting to sell this shed:

Posted Image

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0370417272

Despite years of observing how to sell cars "the weasel way", he has naturally ignored any advice I have offered and instead opted for 4 shit pictures of a dirty car taken in the dark, a vague and useless description and a wildly optomistic pricing strategy.

I trust that your questions will be sensible. :wink:

a wildly optomistic pricing strategy.

£300 BIN and he's going to include an IRA Vanity Plate? That's not wildly optimistic, that's almost reasonable. It'd probably fetch £450 if it didn't have the Mick history.Then again, I have a habit of only buying stuff off ebay that has bad descriptions and shite photos. If the descriptions are too good I don't bid - no point in buying stuff off there if it ain't cheap and well described cars are either hiding something 'orrible, or priced sensibly. I don't want sensible, I want bloody CHEEEEEAP!

I trust that your questions will be sensible. :wink:

Certainly!

Q: Hi mate, is this Project Plastikote? Cheers.

A: No - Plasticote was a Dolomite you idiot!

Oh dear!

Am now trying to get in touch with my brother to see if he wants to go halves on that Cav and fancies a road trip on the weekend. It blows our project into oblivion, condition wise. Bootlid even looks mostly metal, too.Cheers Hirst! :evil: Anyone interested in a Sierra Sapphire.......?

Posted Image

Strong similarities to Ford Falcon styling in that shot. 8)
I had a string of these [and 17/20 m] Taunus [Tauni?] when I was in the Fatherland in the mid seventies. The 15/17's were V4 powered, the 20 [they also did a 26m] were V6's.The 20m had a v6 2 litre, which was as smooth as a smooth thing. Great cars, far better to drive than Cortinas of the same period. The next model Taunus was very similar to a Mk 3 Cortina, and not as nice.

Another Ginetta G26. Apparently Mondeo wheels allow you to fit bigger brakes, unfortunately these look like space-savers and make the whole car look dreadful.

Posted Image

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140375202289

This one was bought for its identification because it's easier to get an old Ginetta registered in Germany than a newer one, and the chassis plate doesn't specify the model.

A bit sad really, but it does mean the car is available again. Hmmmm