Ebay tat

GrumpyCat

Isn't it funny that every car that is advertised on eBay with a broken cambelt always broke down either pulling out of the driveway or idling in traffic? You never see an advert saying "the cambelt broke at 7,000rpm overtaking a lorry on the B1234". Interesting...

Could quite possibly have been reversing off the drive in a "revving to 6 grand slipping clutch"kinda way too. I wouldn't have thought the engine speed would bear a huge amount of relation to damage done and repair work needed. If pistons hit valves it'd get messy whatever....

Isn't it funny that every car that is advertised on eBay with a broken cambelt always broke down either pulling out of the driveway or idling in traffic? You never see an advert saying "the cambelt broke at 7,000rpm overtaking a lorry on the B1234". Interesting...

Someone more mechanically minded me suggested that probably is the case, in that at idle and low speed the firing is a bit more lumpy causing more stress on the belt. I know what I’m trying to say…

Someone more mechanically minded me suggested that probably is the case, in that at idle and low speed the firing is a bit more lumpy causing more stress on the belt. I know what I’m trying to say…

Good point. But then the firing gets even more lumpy when you bounce off the rev limiter... It's true though that a lot of cambelts do go either on startup from cold or very shortly thereafter. I just think it's strange that I've never seen a single car on the Bay advertised as having had the belt go at high revs.

Check this out!Heartache or arseache? You decide!!Item number 180205294536(sorry don't know how to do "links" I'm a complete moron/luddite)

Arseache for definite. I reversed into one of those a matter of months before I qualified for protected NCD. :x I'm 99% sure the Thema driver was drunk but I couldn't call the police out because I was 100% sure I had no tax or MOT. :oops: