Ebay tat

GrumpyCat

I'm going to bid £30,000 for this and refuse to pay because it isn't "tax exempt" like he has described it.http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1981-FORD-CORTINA ... 2eaa9d0210

On 21-Jan-10 at 21:05:45 GMT, seller added the following information:I HAVE HAD A QUESTION ABOUT THE ROAD TAX ON THIS CAR .BELOW IS A QUOTE FROM THE INTERNET TO ENSURE THERE IS NO MISUNDERSTANDINGThese cars never are actually exempt from tax however once they reach 25 they count as classic cars and therefor get there tax disc for free but you still have to display it just like b4 you can apply for your car to given classic status at the d.v.l.a. i think you can even do it on-line

Yeah so you believe some twatty TXT talker before the DVLA then?

That Cortina listing goes on about a personal plate.....no it's not, it's an Essex registered car, hence the "PU" in the letters, and at that point DVLA were still issuing single digit plates to Joe Public, it was before the "value" of such things was inflated.....

GR8 4 Blackpool two-star hotel owners. One day listing.

Hirst wouldnt have a hotel in Blackpool, surely(?)

Supposedly very good condition, and cool plates. Not particularly cheap though:

Posted Image

Cav on' Trader

This is looking lovely too:

Posted Image

REKORD

..Full MOT, low miles, one owner.. one for the Doctor perhaps? I expect a few crusty bits to be honest.

That Cavalier was on Carandclassic at about £450 some weeks back, I was going to view it but the seller sounded like a bit of a bell-end so I didn't bother.

That Cavalier was on Carandclassic at about £450 some weeks back, I was going to view it but the seller sounded like a bit of a bell-end so I didn't bother.

That Cavalier I sold to said bell end a few years ago, drove from Yorkshire to Somerset for it. I love the way it's condition is getting embellished every time it's up for sale.

Probably the same bloke then - said on the description that he'd had it for a few years and he was in Yorkshire (but wouldn't say where).What was the car actually like? It looked tidy in the pics, hence my interest.

Was solid enough, paintwork wasn't the best. Few odd dents like in the roof, interior was all there. Only a 4 speeder. Belonged to some oldish giffer who did all his own shit to it. He did mostly use gen parts though. He chopped it in with me for a '95 Cav CDX auto which he still has.It went well enough, I ran it for a bit before chucking it on ebay with a £200 start and no reserve and our ethnic friend bought it. About 5 of them came to pick it up at midnight. It wasn't a bad car, but it wasn't the best Mk2 I've had by a long shot. Certainly not worth that asking price, £3 to 400 being about it's money.

Posted Image

1981 Austin miniMetro 1.0 HLE

These blokes come with the car whether you like it or not, they occupy the other seats. They're a right ballache.

Full of want for this. Is that Clarkson on the left of the car ! :shock: Oh no, wait, the metro isn't trashed beyond recognition, my bad.

I thought Brad had already sold that? Or maybe it's bee sold by the current owner.

Posted Image

Yes please, This looks as hard as nails!

Posted Image

Only 22000 miles and being sold by someone who was left it in the will of their dead auntie who's had it from new, With no MOT or TAX and a starting price of £199 reserve not met whats the betting it won't sell.

Posted Image

1978 Mazda 323 with a BIN £900.

rwd like starlet hatch

perfect for rx7 engine! really solid car 30000 miles!!!

O RELLY

Posted Image

Audi 100 Coupe! 8) Lots of work to do here though.

Posted Image

Croma Turbo i.e! 184000 miles and still going, amazing!