Ebay tat

GrumpyCat

Pole dancing promotional?! Though I admit it would be pretty superb if it was, especially if they just left it in exactly that condition.

Autoshite pole dancing girls - liking that!

Anyhow, moving along

Posted Image

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1982-RENAULT-5-TL ... dZViewItem

Suspension has started to fade. All this means, with this car (remember very simple), is the torsion bars need clamping and turning (tightning). Very easy. A car garage can do it for you no probs, don't let them over charge you!! If you had the tools it could take you an hour to do. Also the car 'would pass' an MOT with out having to fix this problem

Hmmm, knowing how difficult removing R5 rear torsion bars is, I wouldn't call it "Very Easy"

Guest greenvanman

Autoshite pole dancing girls - liking that!

Anyhow, moving along

Posted Image

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1982-RENAULT-5-TL ... dZViewItem

Suspension has started to fade. All this means, with this car (remember very simple), is the torsion bars need clamping and turning (tightning). Very easy. A car garage can do it for you no probs, don't let them over charge you!! If you had the tools it could take you an hour to do. Also the car 'would pass' an MOT with out having to fix this problem

Hmmm, knowing how difficult removing R5 rear torsion bars is, I wouldn't call it "Very Easy"
And then there's this:

'Suspect' clutch is going! But it hasn't. Replacement would be around £90.

Somehow I doubt that. I did that very job once, never again.

Posted Image

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1982-ROVER-2000-SDI-WITH-PRIVATE-PLATE-AND862Y_W0QQitemZ11021292800

PRIVATE PLATE WORTH £5000 BY ELITE PLTAES

Yeah right!!! :roll:

PUT AWAY IN THE GARAGE WITH FULL MOT BY THE OWNER WHO

IS 87 YEARS OLD HIS SON BOURGHT THE CAR IN 1983 THEN SOLD IT TO

HIS DAD WHO HAS OWNED IT EVER SINCE

Eh?

Guest greenvanman

Somehow I doubt that. I did that very job once, never again.

Really? Is it that bad? I would have thought that the inline engine and the amount of space under the bonnet would make it easy. Good job the 6 has a good clutch then...
It's going back a while (that was my first car) but I had it given to me because the clutch had gone, so I bought the bits and set about it. It took me the whole weekend, but I admit that may have been due, at least in part, to me not knowing what I was doing. We ended up taking the engine out, ISTR because we couldn't align the clutch properly with it in situ. We had no hoist, instead we tied the engine to a beefy scaffolding plank and lifted it out, in a Geoff Capes-stylee. Don't laugh - to a teenage apprentice shiter and his equally hopeless mate this seemed like a cunning plan to end all cunning plans. And of course it wasn't - we dropped the engine, but managed to stumble far away enough from the tarmac so that the only casualty was a big dent in the lawn. I remember my Dad arriving home to be greeted by a large heap of tools, a dismembered French hatchback and parts thereof scattered all over the driveway, not to mention the engine sitting majestically in the middle of the front garden. Against all the odds it was back on the road two days later, having suffered no apparent ill-effects from our 'work'. Needless to say I'm a lot older now, if only a tiny bit wiser :)That said I had a Saturday job at a garage when I was at Uni, by then I was driving an '84 Le Car II. The clutch went on that and they did it for me at 'mates rates' but I was told that they would have charged 6 hours labour if it had been for a customer.

Yes very true Mr Gvn, there not the easiest to do, steering rack needs to come out along with the radiator etc. Also the driveshafts can be a bit of a twunt on these, well, getting the balljoints back in after can be anyway!

What the hell is a cruising package? It sounds class whatever it is.

Posted Image

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FORD-PINTO-WAGON-WITH-CRUISING-PACKAGE_W0QQitemZ250204376864

Amazing!

I reckon that's a factory job too - Ford USA tapping into the 'custom van' phase far too late, with a completely unsuitable vehicle. Class. At least this is a later Pinto and therefore won't burst into flames if tapped from behind...

I reckon that's a factory job too - Ford USA tapping into the 'custom van' phase far too late, with a completely unsuitable vehicle. Class. At least this is a later Pinto and therefore won't burst into flames if tapped from behind...

Just found this by googling 'Ford Pinto Estate Custom'. Looks like an earlier one, but very similar, and looks like a press shot..

Posted Image