Ebay tat

GrumpyCat

Hey look at this Datsun! Is this a model sold in the UK? it looks unusual, but I cant put my finger on why.

Its got a diesel engine and is 800€.

Yeah, it's a Datsun 280C here (430 model). Ours never had twin headlights or diesels though.
Is this not a 430-model datsun?

Posted Image

It looks the same, but different. The profile fo the tops of the front wings for example.

Posted Image

The Datsun 280C was available in the UK - 2 different bodyshapes shared the same badge - the coke bottle one from '78 to '80 (330) and the later version from '80 to '84 (430). Nigel & Ratdat will no doubt give you specifics!

Posted Image

Posted Image

The 300C (Y30) is a different beast, but looks a bit like a 280C but was only badged as a Nissan

Posted Image

Oh hang on thats a 300C.

Was the 280 ever sold in the UK then?

Yeah the 300C is a Y30 which is the model after the 430 (280C). Here's a UK spec 430 (recognise the location?)

Posted Image

Edit: ha, just realised that's the same car DC posted :lol:

Thats a good price isnt it, it seems a lot to me but is probably a fair price nowadays given the rising popularity of old japanese heaps. Mines not quite as nice as that one, but its not far behind, and has a 5-speed conversion. I reckon its probably my second most financially astute shite buy aftre the Maz 929!

I paid very little for my Carina - it was complete and structurally good but then again it had no MOT, no tax, needs bodywork, the big end had gone and the interior smells of expired milk. I reckon even if I spent another £1000 I wouldn't even get close to the condition of that carina......

I'm gonna post this up again cos I like it so much.

Posted Image

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1987-E-FORD-GRANADA-2-0-GL-AUTO-4DOOR-PINTO-ENGINE_W0QQitemZ180451132127

Owned by the mayor of Notts from new, 2.0 GL pinto automatic on a carb, 33k genuine, rear arches intact, non-metallic... PERFECT!!! I would absolutley love this. I hope it wangs up in price, at the moment its still more or less affordable.

/\/\/\ Cheetah was an aftermarket special sold by a conversion company. I read a road test of one in a magazine from 1979, the one thing that stuck in my mind about them was that the LSD was set to be very stiff, and you could apparently hear the plates grinding together at T-junctions and the like.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Fiat-124-Spider-convertable_W0QQitemZ300384362386QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item45f04d9f92#v4-10

Posted Image

Having displayed his electrical prowess by shorting it out and catching the thing on fire, he then decides he's qualified and skilled enough to attempt a rewire with the inevitable result... :roll:

Posted Image