Ebay tat

GrumpyCat

Hey look at this Datsun! Is this a model sold in the UK? it looks unusual, but I cant put my finger on why.Its got a diesel engine and is 800€.

Yeah, it's a Datsun 280C here (430 model). Ours never had twin headlights or diesels though.

that maxi was on Macdroitwich. The boot rather than hatch had something to do with shell rigidity IIRC. Had a mini-style centre exhaust too FTW.

This I understand, the Ambassador weighed more than the Princess to get the rigidity back; but did Macdroit mention what bodyshell it used (OK, probably Landcrab panels) and how the bootlid was made? Presumably by hand.

Maxi bodyshell with a hand built rear end.

I don't think so, very early Maxi's had a conventional boot, I used to service one in the late 1970s, it was just a normal car, nothing special !
I thought the big maxi tagline was 5 doors 5 seats and 5 gears! I am certain they were a hatch from day one.

Maxi bodyshell with a hand built rear end.

I don't think so, very early Maxi's had a conventional boot, I used to service one in the late 1970s, it was just a normal car, nothing special !
Not on a Maxi it wasn't. I'm looking for the pics showing it mid-build, but the shell was built especially on the rally car.

I thought the big maxi tagline was 5 doors 5 seats and 5 gears! I am certain they were a hatch from day one.

http://www.austinmaxiclub.org/theMaxi/history.htm"The car was new from stem to stern, it had a new engine and transmission (5 speed gearbox), new body and layout (5 door vehicle with fold down seats). The only thing that wasn't new were the doors which belonged to the 1800 series."I suspect someone is getting their Maxis muddled up with their Landcrabs? ;)

Rod/b, thank you Sah, you are a leg end! Saloon configuration would have added ridgidity, and also a sealed bulkhead to isolate the fuel tank. The bonus of this is that dust from rough roads would also be less likely to get into the cabin.

Posted Image

This looks lovely, and at £1495 it doesn't sound to badly priced neither, I'm surprised they haven't moted it themselfs though.

in one of the other photos in this listing there is a layland tiger bus, ill have that please. :wink:

Must be rare Renault week or something. 16TX anybody?

Posted Image

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1976-RENAULT-16-T ... 0392898988

Yes I'd LOVE another R16TX?

This one?

Which has a fooked engine and requires a complete respray?

And then have to pay for the spares?

And pay a grand for it?

No - I'd rather look for a real one on Leboncoin annd then walk over to France-naked-in this weather-to buy it.

Sorry - 16s are rare and worth a bit in decent condition - as are the parts. I know, I've quite a bit of R16 experience. All of which tells me that a grand for this shit heap is taking the piss. Mildly amusing registration though :D

Wow. There really is a lot of cool stuff on there at the moment. The Alfas and Pugs doing it for me at the minute. I'm going to look for something Japanese. If the house purchase I'd been trying to sort out had gone through I am pretty sure something new would have ended up on it's drive or in the garage with all this stuff about..

A couple of new autoshite based companys for 2010.

Posted Image

Autoshite recovery at your service!

We dont know what work it needs for MOT?

Seeing as the place selling it is 'Egham MOT Centre', something seems a little suspect.

..Obviously they've called it a 'ROBIN RELIANT' in the spiel, an AS favourite.