Ebay tat

GrumpyCat

Posted Image

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BMW-2000Ti-Frazer-Nash-saloon-for-restoration_W0QQitemZ320198984106

I've whacked a bid on this, not sure why, except that I love 'em! It's been on couple of times, and I have lots of parts for them, some rescued from an identical model I found at the famous Adversane yard about 12 years ago. I've had a couple of later 2000 saloons, 1 of them with only 1 previous owner, but it was way too rotten to save in the end.

To be honest, I find it a bit eerie. It's a bit like a 1970s not-rodder was falsely imprisoned for decades, then with his compensation payout, went to recreate his dream ride using only the contents of a small local Motorworld store.

"Hello! I'm Ivan Dobsky, I'm the Meatsafe murderer, only I nevah dunnit. Can I have some chrome bits for me Wolesley?"

I found at the famous Adversane yard christ i remember that yard used to have all the old cars classic cars down the back is it still open

It's still there, still has some interesting stuff put to one side but most of the yard is cleared, they are mostly scrap metal dealers now. They're not even open Saturday afternoons anymore! I did bag a steering wheel for my Herald a couple of weeks ago though. I have some fairly recent pics I took on that visit I will post soon, honest!

Yeah the 3 door seems pretty rare! Shame about the front end, you'd really want an entire prefacelift G11 Charade to sort it out and those are rare in themselves.