Ebay tat

GrumpyCat

Morris 1800! Mine chugged past all manner of modern stuff which had broken down or crashed off the road yesterday in the dire weather. Good heater too, although quite likely to give you a bad back if youre in it for too long. I'm now getting 27mpg average. You will need to be prepared to fart about with the shit old Lucas electric bits fairly regularly.

That's how it starts Bollox! You think about changing it for some tasteful P-slots, then you end up thinking it'd be look better with no suspension, then before you know it you're wandering around wearing bowling shoes with a chequered flag motif.

That Agg looks great, its a very early model in a very unusual colour too.. GR8 4 BEIN A PANDA CAR IN HEARTBEAT.Lets hope that dispite looking mint its not full of grot underneath. I know thats very rare for an Allegro but you can never be too careful.

Posted Image

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1995-JAGUAR-XJR-S ... 0388514224

Assuming none have escaped, this is currently at 27p per horsepower, which is pretty chuffing good value IMO. I'll wager my christmas socks you can't buy more taxed & tested power for less money.

What are you on? 27p per horsepower would mean £87.75. Unless I'm missing something.

My chevy is up for £425 which is £3.26 per hp, the jag is £3.69 per hp.

Tis damn tempting that XJ. I'd have it if I could find a serious buyer for the A6. I keep getting phonecalls and texts from utter dreamers - "Your car, you're asking £1750, right?", "Yes", "I'll give you £1300 for it, tomorrow", "No you won't..."Sorry, but in my book there's a cheeky offer and there's taking the piss.

I think you need help!£800 difference betwixt a 2.9 pub-landlord-spec with lots of undesirable non-options and a hoofing XJR supercharged X300??? No-brainer! £800 is the price of some very basic "optional extras" on a new turd-mobile. As far as Jags go, I have yet to own one, and I won't until such time as I have sufficient £ to properly love one. That's why there are so many snotty ones about, because folk see a cheap car, and ignore the maintainance required. As my dad once told me re. Jags, if you have to ask, you can't afford one.

Tis damn tempting that XJ. I'd have it if I could find a serious buyer for the A6. I keep getting phonecalls and texts from utter dreamers - "Your car, you're asking £1750, right?", "Yes", "I'll give you £1300 for it, tomorrow", "No you won't..."Sorry, but in my book there's a cheeky offer and there's taking the piss.

These morons would not buy it even if you said 'OK then' to them. I dont know why folk make these low offers for cars over the phone without seeing them, they obv have no serious intention of buying anything. If they did they would be coming to see it to see what they were letting themselves in for, or asking some moderately intelligent questions.

Having owned a few shite old Jags (XJ-S V12, XJ-S 3.6, XJ6 3.4) I'd avoid that 2.9 like the plague. A bad XJ40 is a seriously, seriously 'orrible thing. Unfortunately, most XJ40s are now pretty bad. If rust hasn't got them, lack of proper maintenance will have.The XJ8 / XJR is where it's at, but a six pot XJR for £1200 is a lot of car for not a lot of money.I blagged an afternoon road testing an alloy XJR when they first came out, can't wait for those to be sub £3k.