Ebay tat

GrumpyCat

Ugly?! It's got a big red strip that goes all the way along the back, how can it be ugly?Honestly.

It wasnt meant in a derogatory manner! Anyway the red strip had nothing to do with my statement, it's not the actual back end I find ugly, just bulbousness of the last 1/3 which is more apparent from that angle. Siimilar to what Milford's going on about, but I like the 3 door Cordobas.

Posted Image

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1988-VOLVO-740-TU ... 0407815686

This is pretty shite. Bashed up. Non-intercooled six pot smoke belching lorry engine mated to a slushbox, plus it's a saloon. I'd love it, but I don't think I'd be happy paying more than the opening bid.

Hey I know this car - it's one of three 740/760s that live round my way. I used to see it parked every day outside a house in Old Woking very close to where I live. One of those cars where I had thoughts of being a "good samaritan shiter" and sourcing a front wing from an autojumble and leaving it outside their door in a cardboard box. It was obviously in regular use, but recently I saw a "for sale sign" on it, then it vanished and was replaced with something else. So the guy who bought it has stuck it straight on ebay.... :roll:

Mark.

Posted Image

What a cute looking R5 on autotrader, Only 33k with an autobox mind for £695

I heart this! Same colour and reg year as one my parents had many years ago, difference being it was a 3 dr manual, had the oval hole wheels and it was a 1108cc. MPF 636W.

Posted Image

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LOOK-DIESEL-1988- ... 0417052326

This is a pretty classy thing, scabby old XJ40 with a 4 pot Nissan diesel in its nose.

That'll be a sorry old thing to drive - those gearboxes won't suit that engine I'm sure. 50-70 time will be measured in years.

BTW, did you see that Fuego GTS auto made £2.5k? Wow.

Edit: Somebody on the XJ40 forum has expressed interest in this for the wheels - I hope he buys it - if so, a report (hopefully with a sound recording) will be posted.

That'll be a sorry old thing to drive - those gearboxes won't suit that engine I'm sure. 50-70 time will be measured in years.Edit: Somebody on the XJ40 forum has expressed interest in this for the wheels - I hope he buys it - if so, a report (hopefully with a sound recording) will be posted.

If he bought it for the wheels then I reckon someone with an old Land Rover might take the engine off his hands.

Posted Image

£3.5k sounds a bit steep, especially as the roof is looking very tatty round the edges.

Their prices are often steep as as far as I am aware it's essentially a 'collection' of cars - I think the owner just puts a high-ish price on most things and if he gets it fair enough, but he doesnt need it per-se.

Another tatty-but-nonetheless-quite-cool old commercial. If this was a 7.5-tonner I'd be all over it. Alas it's bigger than that and I don't have an HGV license.

Posted Image

I thought (though I have been known to be completely wrong) that you can drive a historic commercial vehicle on a normal licence if said vehicle is taxed as such, and not used for transporting goods?