Pedal car shite - Getting ready to restore my childhood 'garden find' Sharna pedal car

Dick Longbridge

Not been to look on here for a while but this came up in a search. I used to have one of these. The plastic went brittle in the sun and after a few accidents it had to be scrapped. Mine had an Anglia dashboard fitted in a bespoke housing.  I put some pictures from a catalogue on another site but photobucket ate them.

I’d forgotten that I’d started this thread! See if you can find your photos on a google search - sometimes they still show on image searches.

• 5 months later...

Update time. My father has requested that, after forty years of the pedal car residing in his garden, he’d like me to take it away, and ‘get it tidied up.’

The back axle finally collapsed last year, so the wheels have literally fallen off. I think I’ll have a chat with the lads at the local college to see if they are able to fabricate some metal parts for it. I also need to have a proper poke at the plastic shell to see if it’s beyond redemption after being in the elements for so long. It'll be interesting to give it a shot, either way.

On a different note, Mercrocker, did you end up blagging the freebie offered to you earlier in the thread?

On a different note, Mercrocker, did you end up blagging the freebie offered to you earlier in the thread?

No, I was kindly offered it but after some discussion it is going to stay where it is.  A good result in my book! 

I will probably end up getting one at some point, though.

Oh was superb thread, those French models are especially nice along with that Farina.

Not my actual car but I had one of these another of the Ford Zephyr variants:

tgE6rsv6_o.jpg

Taking a peek at what the interwebs has to offer I'm rather taken with these:

Jag X

PNFPXOWK_o.jpg

Ford Corsair

iVdi4G85_o.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

A double post from the ebaytatVol 3 thread.

Loads of pedal cars for sale in Belguim. Most are copies of the real thing. Some examples I have never seen before.

https://www.troostwijkauctions.com/uk/trapwagens/01-27444/

The Triang Tunderbolt. I have a photo of my cousin pushing  me in her car.

Thanks to Dick for the heads up about this thread.

Oh was superb thread, those French models are especially nice along with that Farina.

Not my actual car but I had one of these another of the Ford Zephyr variants:

tgE6rsv6_o.jpg

Taking a peek at what the interwebs has to offer I'm rather taken with these:

Jag X

PNFPXOWK_o.jpg

Ford Corsair

iVdi4G85_o.jpg

Where did you find the photo of the Corsair? I had one once. I won it from the Ford newspaper, my father worked in the Dagenham plant. There were not many made and I have yet to find information about them on the web.

A double post from the ebaytatVol 3 thread.

Loads of pedal cars for sale in Belguim. Most are copies of the real thing. Some examples I have never seen before.

https://www.troostwijkauctions.com/uk/trapwagens/01-27444/

The Triang Tunderbolt. I have a photo of my cousin pushing  me in her car.

Thanks to Dick for the heads up about this thread.

Amazing find. Shame it's not in the YouKay!

Where did you find the photo of the Corsair? I had one once. I won it from the Ford newspaper, my father worked in the Dagenham plant. There were not many made and I have yet to find information about them on the web.

I just Googled PC's and that pic was among them, it appears to be from a thread on Planet Diecast: https://www.planetdiecast.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=102&id=82424&Itemid=0

• 1 year later...

Update time. We dug it out of the hedge a couple of years ago. Turns out the axles had dissolved and the remaining stumps had split the plastic centres in the wheels and steering wheel. Bugger. 

Since that, the shell has sat on the pathway until a couple of days ago. I finally dragged it home and proceeded to formulate a plan.

To be continued...

20200506_150230.jpg

20200506_150244.jpg

20200506_150249.jpg

Great thread!

I had a pedal-powered, sit-on Ferguson red and grey tractor with a towed trailer when I was little. It went to the local playgroup when I outgrew it. I have a real Ferguson red and grey tractor and trailer now! :-)

Some years back, Six-cylinder found this Toys Toys Citroen DS decapotable at the local tip. He paid a fiver for it and brought it home as an ornament for my study. We emailed the company and received a nice reply, telling us about the history of the model and enclosing a digitised copy of the original brochure. These were made both as pedal cars and also as battery-powered electric cars. Ours is an electric one.

Our cat Jess took a fancy to Andre as the car was named and Andre became her bed. Jess has passed on since, but we still have Andre.

525776243_27-Jun-02-JesswithAndre.thumb.jpg.1040779aff32ad50b04683cd0c6d9f34.jpg

10 hours ago, Dick Longbridge said:

Update time. We dug it out of the hedge a couple of years ago. Turns out the axles had dissolved and the remaining stumps had split the plastic centres in the wheels and steering wheel. Bugger. 

Since that, the shell has sat on the pathway until a couple of days ago. I finally dragged it home and proceeded to formulate a plan.

To be continued...

20200506_150230.jpg

20200506_150244.jpg

20200506_150249.jpg

Whatever you do., don't graft a cozy coupe front end on it, it is just not fair to the kids.  I mean, who needs to start out in life with your front wheel alignment all skewwift 

16 hours ago, UltraWomble said:

1840564234_1972(13).thumb.JPG.28652ce5c2fb8ec569e849d924681b03.JPG

This would be my first ride on thing circa 1971

Then this

852968595_1973(17).thumb.JPG.116dfc2993b096083ec2f17a231db121.JPG

1562866115_1973(35).thumb.JPG.96a5512019ddfc5ef325b8ba79db677d.JPG

I havent got a decent photo of it - the best is this one of my cousin Russ sat on it

It's not the same, but that looks a bit like a Raleigh Sandpiper. I had this one in my watch list the other day - I'd never seen one before.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/353066945413

20200511_100619.jpg

Edit again:

Looks like yours was a Triang. Here's a NOS Batmobile...

20200511_112428.jpg

14 hours ago, Mrs6C said:

Great thread!

I had a pedal-powered, sit-on Ferguson red and grey tractor with a towed trailer when I was little. It went to the local playgroup when I outgrew it. I have a real Ferguson red and grey tractor and trailer now! :-)

Some years back, Six-cylinder found this Toys Toys Citroen DS decapotable at the local tip. He paid a fiver for it and brought it home as an ornament for my study. We emailed the company and received a nice reply, telling us about the history of the model and enclosing a digitised copy of the original brochure. These were made both as pedal cars and also as battery-powered electric cars. Ours is an electric one.

Our cat Jess took a fancy to Andre as the car was named and Andre became her bed. Jess has passed on since, but we still have Andre.

525776243_27-Jun-02-JesswithAndre.thumb.jpg.1040779aff32ad50b04683cd0c6d9f34.jpg

What an amazing find! The response from the company really adds to things as well - what a decent bunch. 

13 hours ago, anonymous user said:

I still have the J40 in my living room seen earlier in the thread and did mention that I had once owned a Moskvich pedal car. Well I ended up buying another last year, this is an earlier one as it has metal bumpers rather than plastic. 

20190818_130827.jpg

Was that made in the USSR, quality certified by Gosudarstvennaya Atestatsionnaya Komissiya (the State Attestation Commission) ?

State Quality Mark Of The USSR (Black).svg

After the death of my mother i got a whole load of family photos. Some of these have been posted on other threads.

This one is of mum, me and my first pedal car in the park which was in front of our house. Oh I forgot, teddy is along for the ride too. He survives to this day in the care of one of my nephews.

MePedalcarCopy.thumb.jpg.337b6ff01141e2df6469967601a851dd.jpg