Hiace diesel camper

smellmycheese

Spotted a very mouldy camper a and left a note....phone rang the next day 'yes it's for sale'

It's been parked up since 2013, inside looks clean, proper camper thing with bed above cab.

Apart from the obvious is there anything I should be looking for when I view it tomorrow. It's a K reg diesel. Belt or chain?

Thanks

/\ /\ As said, also if it is not coach built and a fitted out van check anywhere something has been added/changed as they didn't seem to know about painting metal they have just cut into.

If it is straight then most of you possible costs (camper side) will be fixing things that don't work so the more you check the better informed you will be.

Cannot help with the van side but pictures please when you do go.

I take it it's an import?

The 2.8 n/a diesel is slow and a plodder, but bombproof, the auto box is primitive as well.

The 2.4 and 3.0 turbo diesels are much nicer drive, and my preference by miles, but more complicated and so more to go wrong of course, check the engine out as they're hard to get at and therefore get neglected.

I've had a few of these, as has my dad, in fact he has a 2.8 now, which doesn't compare well to his Nissan Elgrand driving wise, as above, get a test drive if you can.

They can rust, but usually just doors, tailgate (like rocking horse poo to find), and will be obvious if it has been neglected probably.

I would love a 3.0 td again, best van I've ever had I reckon balance, good luck :)

• 1 month later...

Went to look at this again last week. It seems solid but owner drove into a car park barrier breaking the roof and tried to fix with sellotape! The result being a damp, Mouldy, fucked interior!. Being the 4wd model I reckon it's worth saving so offered him a grand! His reply was he'd take £2500 as that's what he'd get online. If anyone's got more money than sense I'll put you in touch9fb9e22d6f7975d217358dbdcf869ae3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

It's an import (just did a cheeky HPi)

TOYOTA  Year of Manufacture 1993  Model   Number of Former Keepers 3  Engine Size 2770cc Start Date of Current Keeper 13/05/2011  Colour WHITE  Previous Colour   Fuel Diesel  Date Colour Changed   Doorplan Motor Caravan  Wheelplan 2 Axle Rigid Body  Engine Number NOT KNOWN  Gross Vehicle Weight 0 (KG) Transmission   Exported No   Date of 1st Registration in the UK 16/08/2004 Scrap Marker No  CO2 Rating   Previously registered overseas Yes

• MakeTOYOTA
  • Model
  • Engine Size2770cc
  • ColourWHITE
  • FuelDiesel
  • DoorplanMotor Caravan
  • Engine NumberNOT KNOWN
  • Transmission
  • 1st Reg. in UK16/08/2004
  • CO2 Rating
  • Year of Manufacture1993
  • Former Keepers3
  • Date of Current Keeper13/05/2011
  • Previous Colour
  • Date Colour Changed
  • Wheelplan2 Axle Rigid Body
  • Gross Vehicle Weight0 (KG)
  • Exported No
  • Scrap MarkerNo
  • Previously Registered OverseasYes

Hide this panel

MOT Details
  •  
MOT expires: 30/01/2015 Tax due: 
  • MOT expires30/01/2015
  • Tax due
6 months rate   CO2 Emissions 0 g/km  12 months rate £0  Fuel type DIESEL  6 monthly by direct debit totalling   Export marker No  12 monthly by direct debit totalling   Vehicle status tax SORN in place  Monthly by direct debit totalling   Vehicle colour WHITE  Vehicle make TOYOTA  Vehicle type approval Not available  Date of first registration August 2004  Wheelplan 2 AXLE RIGID BODY  Year of manufacturer 1993  Revenue weight Not available  Cylinder capacity (cc) 2770 cc     

So my have the chocolate head, and probably not rustproofed either.

I've a 1991 version of this which we are looking to sell as we are not using it much since we bought the motorhome. It had the engine rebuilt before I bought it and I've had the auto box rebuilt since. Bits of rust in the usual places but not damp inside. Tyres two years old, tested till next March if I remember.

I've a 1991 version of this which we are looking to sell as we are not using it much since we bought the motorhome. It had the engine rebuilt before I bought it and I've had the auto box rebuilt since. Bits of rust in the usual places but not damp inside. Tyres two years old, tested till next March if I remember.

Ideal time for photo and price for comparison

We'd (it's Mrs BMH's baby actually) like as much as somebody is daft enough to pay us for it. Realistically somewhere towards £4k would improve the bank balance no end, but I'm not holding my breath. Couple of pics, hopefully if it will load, including the bit that needs attention.

post-21417-0-51887200-1505679146_thumb.jpg

post-21417-0-95078100-1505679159_thumb.jpg

post-21417-0-21835200-1505679175_thumb.jpg