Womanly 'clothes washing' & gearbox fluid question

Station

Before you sling it you could try and soak it in a bucket of v concentrated "vanish oxy" stuff over night. I thought it was a gimmick but I have had some surprising results with it. Find it only works with soaking though, adding to the wash is not so great.

As an aside, I quite like the smell in a funny sort of way. Prob not when I can't escape it though.

deepio.jpg

This is professional grade powder degreaser normally used in commercial kitchens, but you should find it at the Asian supermarket or cash'n'carry. I do some serious laundry as part of my business, and a couple scoops of this in the hottest wash is the best thing for shifting greasy stains. Localised pre-soaking might help.

*COLOURS MAY FADE*

A few scoops dissolved in hot water, and sucked from a barrel with the pressure washer is flipping brill for engine-bay degreasing. 

Speaking as a woman who knows how to use a washing machine...:o

Tried boil washing? Overalls should be up to it - my old Dickies ones were fine after having farm/garage crud boiled out of them on a few occasions. Can't guarantee the same for t-shirts, hoodies etc (esp wooly jumpers), but jeans are generally okay with it.

Or how about carbolic? Really old school solution - in fact it's one of Gran_13s go-to solutions - but it's petrochemical based iirc. So, if you use the Galenic era medicine principle of the Doctrine of Signatures (or 'fight fire with fire' if you like), a petrochemical ought to shift a petrochemical.

Buy some carbolic soap, and grate some in with your detergent of choice.

I probably shouldn't share this link, cos it's all kinds of horror: it came up when I searched 'buy carbolic acid'. Holy shit Batman... at least if nothing else, you gents could 'persuade' your partner that kitchen time was preferable to happy time. Shocking that...

I didn't care to read much further myself. I've a feeling it's keyboard warriorism rather than an outright windup, but then...Republican Party and some of their candidates...you never know.

There was another nasty solution I was trying to remember: my brain keeps saying it was phosphoric acid based, but I'm not sure that's right. It is commercial washing stuff, and can be got hold of if you know where to ask. It's spectacularly good, gets kitchen whites white!