European Road Trip - Many, Many Pictures

garycox

What a superb thread.  As others have said, the Speyer museum looks epic - almost worth a trip on its own.

WTF is this thing though?  Almost looks like a modern reimagining of the Lancia Stratos.

post-3248-0-85180200-1499627983.jpg

It has late model Ferrari running gear. The busineman who comissioned it wanted to put it into production but I think there was a dispute with Fiat. IIRC there was then a further dispute between father and son as to who owned the cars - however I may inadvertently have got this last part mixed up with something else. Eitherways, it is gorgeous!

Guest Hooli

What's all that going on with the Volvo 340? Was it the last ever made?

Well it says 1,000,000 on the plate so I suspect that have something to do with it.

you did eastern europe

i did northern

did volvo saab louwman and a bonus yank thing in trollhattan that the hotel told me about - pics when i find a non evil photobucket clone

cox gary i thank you

done camberg and merc and sinsheim and remise dussel previously (hi piffle)

want to do porsche but only ever done stuttgart once

daf is on the list again in october

Indeed, when would there have been time to go to the show?!

The show would've been in place of the Tatra museum and Auschwitz. In hindsight, we didn't really miss the show. (it has now been, and I've not yet bothered to find out what was there)

It's given me ideas for future road trip destinations, so thanks for the thread and pics Gary. DAF museum is a deffo as I like Holland and didn't get a chance to go there when on a short break recently.

Did you do any driving, or just enjoy the scenery and get drunk on a regular basis?!