Anymore Bluebird Lickers?

omegod

I had the use of a 1987 2.0 GL estate for a few days when it was 3 years old and it did a fine job.

There's one of those estates for sale on the Datsun forum at present (the seller is also here, I think he posted when he was looking for parts).

I've had a couple of the FWD models, the first was an E-reg 2.0 SGL 4dr bought for < £300 from a chap in Norwich.

11807189303_75ea3e151f_c.jpg

The fleet back in 2008 by Spottedlaurel, on Flickr

Very solid and tidy car, it ended up selling through AS to Craig Cheetham for far too little money and I wish I'd never sold it as a few months later I needed another cheap car.

3824744347_4233d49eaf_o.jpg

Nissan Bluebird 1.8GS auto (T72) by Spottedlaurel, on Flickr

So I got this one from down Surrey/Sussex way. Another nice one, though it did cost a bit more (£545 from memory). Went to Pandamonium after me.

Have owned three of the RWD Datsun Bluebirds as well.

There's one of those estates for sale on the Datsun forum at present (the seller is also here, I think he posted when he was looking for parts).

I've had a couple of the FWD models, the first was an E-reg 2.0 SGL 4dr bought for < £300 from a chap in Norwich.

11807189303_75ea3e151f_c.jpg

The fleet back in 2008 by Spottedlaurel, on Flickr

Very solid and tidy car, it ended up selling through AS to Craig Cheetham for far too little money and I wish I'd never sold it as a few months later I needed another cheap car.

3824744347_4233d49eaf_o.jpg

Nissan Bluebird 1.8GS auto (T72) by Spottedlaurel, on Flickr

So I got this one from down Surrey/Sussex way. Another nice one, though it did cost a bit more (£545 from memory). Went to Pandamonium after me.

Have owned three of the RWD Datsun Bluebirds as well.

IIRC Panda bought my bluey too.

I think I`m gonna out my estate, I`m not getting the time to finish it & not being able to find basic parts like lights is starting to really wind me up.

Its a perfectly good automobile, did 250 miles in 1 day with the family a couple of weeks ago in it, youngest loved the reclining rear seats, but its just not `me`..

I like the speakers in the headlining though:

And its perfectly comfortable cruising the autobahn, unbalanced tyre aside:

(edit:  it cocked up where the pictures were supposed to be inserted.. Matron!)

post-3844-0-78792200-1498816943_thumb.jpg

post-3844-0-83055400-1498817024_thumb.jpg

When we passed our tests in the early 00's, a mate had use of his dad's F plate 5dr ZX Turbo 'Executive'. We thought it was uncool at the time, but it spanked everything we came up against, when he revved that chocolate CA18DET out. :-)

Ive been lucky enough to own one or two Blueys, or derivatives

Brought to them by Ratdat, with a lovely little 4 series, I marvelled how good a mid 60s saloon can be.

post-758-0-75961000-1498896004_thumb.jpg

It was the sole cause for a subsequent addition a slightly later rhd version i imported from Melbourne.

post-758-0-02172300-1498896023_thumb.jpg

post-758-0-52709400-1498896035_thumb.jpg

Some of you may recall the outcry when it was knicked off my drive-  recovered 2 days later because it became too hot. It  had already been entered for a banger race in Norfolk - so a very lucky escape.

I then added an earlier 65 320 crewcab in totally untouched original condition -just needing recommissioning.

post-758-0-09658300-1498895752_thumb.jpg

post-758-0-72376600-1498895777_thumb.jpg

That was a great old tool, a proper workhorse,  I still regret selling it to an avid Belgie- although I did import 2 more for him, for immediate added profit. Neither as nice as this though..Miss it

I moved a little more 'modern' with a late 80s U11 SSS

post-758-0-11543000-1498895706_thumb.jpg

post-758-0-73160900-1498895716_thumb.jpg

This is still quite quirky, with pillarless B pillars (masked by the hanging seatbelts) yet a 4 door. It has an 8 plug head with twin track distributor cap/rotor arm -quite bizarre. Q

The turbo makes its a quick little toy -but Ive no real need right now so rsting quietly

Finally another Oz version - the 90s Pintara (ex Wuvvum of this parish). Its a high mileage base level outback saloon, always starts, reliable, no fripperies whatsoever. 

I often use it as a towcar...I'm not aware of another in the UK- but you may know better?

post-758-0-08649700-1498895661_thumb.jpg

post-758-0-90585500-1498895681_thumb.jpg

Pictured here collecting another Yugo & Samara . Its a stalwart, never complaining, always willing. 

Would I have another? Definitely. 

Mk2, They do predate Datsuns initial uk foray, yes. I think Datsuns very first cars arrived in 69 - although those more knowledgeable than me may differ.

Rusty, Does indeed look like mine- I'd be surprised if there were 2! Mine was registered (& will return to) E448 JOO. It was in a shocking state when I got it.

Ive been lucky enough to own one or two Blueys, or derivatives

Brought to them by Ratdat, with a lovely little 4 series, I marvelled how good a mid 60s saloon can be.

attachicon.gif848.jpg

It was the sole cause for a subsequent addition a slightly later rhd version i imported from Melbourne.

attachicon.gif6.5 001.jpg

attachicon.gif6.5 005.jpg

Some of you may recall the outcry when it was knicked off my drive-  recovered 2 days later because it became too hot. It  had already been entered for a banger race in Norfolk - so a very lucky escape.

I then added an earlier 65 320 crewcab in totally untouched original condition -just needing recommissioning.

attachicon.gif320 008.jpg

attachicon.gif320 010.jpg

That was a great old tool, a proper workhorse,  I still regret selling it to an avid Belgie- although I did import 2 more for him, for immediate added profit. Neither as nice as this though..Miss it

I moved a little more 'modern' with a late 80s U11 SSS

attachicon.gifdatsun sss 004.JPG

attachicon.gifdatsun sss 006.JPG

This is still quite quirky, with pillarless B pillars (masked by the hanging seatbelts) yet a 4 door. It has an 8 plug head with twin track distributor cap/rotor arm -quite bizarre. Q

The turbo makes its a quick little toy -but Ive no real need right now so rsting quietly

Finally another Oz version - the 90s Pintara (ex Wuvvum of this parish). Its a high mileage base level outback saloon, always starts, reliable, no fripperies whatsoever. 

I often use it as a towcar...I'm not aware of another in the UK- but you may know better?

attachicon.gifIMG_6653.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_7084.JPG

Pictured here collecting another Yugo & Samara . Its a stalwart, never complaining, always willing. 

Would I have another? Definitely.

I lived in Western Oz for a bit with parents, when I was a kid. Also had (have) extended family out there. My uncle had a beige R30 Pintara.

I never thought there would be one over here. :-)

Just needs some mag wheels and a cannon. See you at Hungry Jack's!