rover 216 gsi

taxi paul

Must have been a long time ago if a 200 was £2k and an A2 was in five figures. 

Gearbox probably carked it from lack of maintenance, Honda autos are ususally ace, but they need regular fluid changes. Want for nothing else though, give them ATF and they'll run forever.

No problem my friend . It does have a sticker saying oil and filter changed plus service done about two years and 73,000 miles ago. So it will need a service and the gearbox fluid changed I suppose. Also the drivers window needs a shove back in has it nears the top ,I forgot about that. Apparently it's a standard feature according to the forum. Hopefully Mr TRW can get help with shifting it down the m6 and m5 towards him..but like I have said there is no rush.

Must have been a long time ago if a 200 was £2k and an A2 was in five figures. 

That was a couple of years after after we had owned it, I saw it for sale again.

Gearbox was rebuilt twice under our stewardship under warranty - it just refused to lock into top gear and used to "shuttle" back and forth at 30 - 35mph and kangaroo. Drove me and the missus mad.

Aside from that ( oh and a water leak in the boot) it was fine. I think we paid £4999 for it and I P/xed the H plate Rover 111 we had at the time. I did try loading some better pics up of it but they were Tiff files and the forum said "feck off Marty"

Well I went for a hoon around and general look over this today. It runs fine and stays around 3,500 revs at 70 -80. So not the most efficient motorway cruiser. Swapped a few bulbs which were out. Found a 50 p size hole in the boot floor ,not mentioned on mot so a piece of structural gaffer tape should suffice. Sills have had a bit of a makeover in the past and appear solid enough under the underseal and stone chip. Bit of rust at rear of them. Drivers window needs guiding back into place but in the words of Tom Jones "it's not unusual ". I even got some engine cleaner and gave the engine bay a bit of a clean. Mr TRW is hoping to take this on so watch this space. I can't tax it off the green slip, computer says no. So I have been hooning around with no tax and having fun so don't care. It's fun when you have a knobhead behind you ,especially going slow to make sure gears are OK. They get a bit close so you put your foot down and it can shift it's old little self.

Sadly Mr TRW has had to pull out of the running for this fine piece of rovers finest quality merchandise. Is anyoone interested who can collect. Payment can allways be made at a later date if fleet shuffling is needed. Yes Mr ram rod I am looking at you. I really don't want to risk eBay and tyre kickers wanting to see service history and haggling. It's a nice motor and I am sure it will last a while. Well at least the end of our road.

Bloody hell. This is soo tempting. I don't have £240 and never ever have it spare so I guess it's a good thing as I've still far too many cars. (Mind, I do have have somewhere safe and free off road to dump the KV6 Sterling and place this into its space)

Shame though as I've always wanted an early R8 200... :(

Sadly Mr TRW has had to pull out of the running for this fine piece of rovers finest quality merchandise. Is anyoone interested who can collect. Payment can allways be made at a later date if fleet shuffling is needed. Yes Mr ram rod I am looking at you. I really don't want to risk eBay and tyre kickers wanting to see service history and haggling. It's a nice motor and I am sure it will last a while. Well at least the end of our road.

AAAARGH!  Get thee behind me!  This week is far too busy already.....

Mind, it does look a splendid little car, and I really would love to have it alongside Hyacinth.  Aargh.......

Don't want a swap to be honest . I have my jap bus and my gay pug so don't need another one I'm afraid. I also can't really do any delivery options. My lad is in work and my day ends at three when I get kids from school.

No worries. Was not expecting any delivery options from you, was just an easier way for me to get to you in the R75 and then drive back in the R8.

Cheers

Just what I'm looking for to rape the engine out of[f]

Come and get this car, it's free, and a bit closer to you.

post-1381-0-81957800-1484710238_thumb.jpg

post-1381-0-53094900-1484709265_thumb.jpg

post-1381-0-71530200-1484710222_thumb.jpg

It has a good, low mileage engine, there are a few minor bits gone from the engine bay, but all the main bits are there and protected from the elements. Not run for a couple years. Should roll if you bring wheels.

I can help with loading etc.

post-1381-0-40517700-1489093793_thumb.jpg

I'll have the kettle on, when are you coming?

I wish I lived in Liverpool, then collecting this would not have been a problem.

Every time something BL>Bust comes up on here and I want it there's always some underhand bloody conspiracy that drops in my lap.

Same thing happened with the silver Montego on here about 18 months ago.

Form a orderly queue Ladies and Gentlemen, no riff raff arguing to purchace this car. It is a Rover and you must act with decorum and panache in your purchasing methods.

GO GET IT!