Forum Funding - Statement of account UPDATED 04/11/2021

Stanky

• Stanky unpinned this topic
  • 4 weeks later...

Accounts update October 2019. Slightly delayed due to life being exceptionally busy.

Thanks to all who donated last month, we hit a total of £101.50.

Costs this month are lower following the upgrades, totalling £92.50 including hosting and backups.  The current balance in the account is therefore +£149.82. The PP Moneypool seems to have worked well, reducing fees to zero leaving more in the kitty.

I have set the target at £80 this month as the money pools seem to be working well and we're getting a small surplus each month now. There are no more one-off costs anticipated.

As the MoneyPool seems to work pretty well we'll do the same again this month. As per last month, donations are on a strictly 'Friends & Family' basis so there is no right to refund like with a 'normal' PP purchase. That said, if anyone accidentally donates too much just drop me a PM and I'm happy to manually refund! Hopefully this is OK for everyone, let me know if there are any issues though. If anyone wants is unable to pay via PP please PM me and I can see what alternatives there are.

Should you wish to donate, the MoneyPool can be found HERE

Thanks all.

• Stanky pinned this topic
  • 4 weeks later...

Forum finance update November 2019. Slightly delayed due to moving house.

Thanks to all who donated last month, we hit a total of £90.00.

Costs this month were £92.93 including hosting and backups.  The current balance in the account is therefore +£146.87. The PP Moneypool seems to have worked well, reducing fees to zero leaving more in the kitty. The AWS Backups are getting a bit more expensive these days so @tobyd and I will look at more cost effective options and hopefully rein this in a bit.

I have set the target at £80 this month as the money pools seem to be working well and we're getting a small surplus each month now. We'll need to renew the IPB software but thats only about £25.

As the MoneyPool seemed to work pretty well last month we'll do the same again this month. As per last month, donations are on a strictly 'Friends & Family' basis so there is no right to refund like with a 'normal' PP purchase. That said, if anyone accidentally donates too much just drop me a PM and I'm happy to manually refund! Hopefully this is OK for everyone, let me know if there are any issues though. If anyone wants is unable to pay via PP please PM me and I can see what alternatives there are.

Thanks all.

• 1 month later...

Forum finance update December 2019. Severely delayed due to work being super busy.

Thanks to all who donated last month, we hit a total of £85.00.

Costs this month were £121.94 including hosting and backups, plus renewal of the hosting software licence. 

As I have been given an unexpected bonus at work, I'll cover all costs this month. The current balance in the account is therefore unchanged  +£146.87.  Merry Shitey Christmas y'all,

40 minutes ago, garethj said:

give everyone ELSE some festive cheer

EFA ???

Not a problem, I wasn't expecting it and is the least I can do. Spend whatever you'd have donated on a bottle of wine or a 6-pack and put your feet up. This is still the best website on the internet.

• 3 weeks later...

Forum finance update January 2020. Nearly on time this month...

Costs this month were £96.46 including hosting and backups which I covered.  The current balance in the account is therefore +£146.87. The PP Moneypool seems to have worked well, reducing fees to zero leaving more in the kitty. The AWS Backups are getting a bit more expensive these days so @tobyd and I are looking to re-do them this month after waffling on about it for ages now. This should reduce the monthly costs by a tenner or so I hope.

I have set the target at £80 this month as the money pools seem to be working well for everyone.

I'll open a new money pool, as usual donations are on a strictly 'Friends & Family' basis so there is no right to refund like with a 'normal' PP purchase. That said, if anyone accidentally donates too much just drop me a PM and I'm happy to manually refund! Hopefully this is OK for everyone, let me know if there are any issues though. If anyone wants is unable to pay via PP please PM me and I can see what alternatives there are.

Thanks all.

• 5 weeks later...

Forum finance update February 2020. Following complaints last month about a lack of excitement in these updates, I have endeavoured to make this months financial dealings slightly more engaging.

As I went to pay the hosting bill this month, the Zimbabwean Dollar inexplicably appreciated dramatically, leading to an embarrassing situation with the hosting company. I had a quiet word with Emerson Mnangagwa to see if he could do anything about this. Unfortunately, Emerson and his mates took umbrage with my request and imprisoned me in a small metal box between the 4th and 21st January. Mercifully, by the time they released me the GBP/ZWD exchange rate had normalised and I was able to pay the hosting fees at the usual rate of £79.20 for the month.

My joy was short lived, as soon as I was released from my prison, Vladimir Putin rolled up in his Lada Niva with Dmitry Medvedev to collect their payment for the AS backups. They politely informed me that the existing floppy disks were full, and that unfortunately for us, the price of obsolete storage media had spiralled, necessitating an immediate payment of 11,387 rubles. As I calmly questioned this, and politely offered several 5.25" disks they rudely bundled me into the back of their Lada Niva and abducted me to an unknown location (later revealed to be the Fareham B&M Carpark). After a 15 minute shoeing session at the hands of Mr Putin and Mr Medvedev, I was spared further corporal damage by the timely intervention of a small but well trained flock of pigeons, responding to the emergency whistle gifted to me by the late Simon DeMontford. The pigeons saw off Mr Putin and Mr Medvedev, who retreated cursing the advanced training of the capitalist sky rats, and promising retaliatory strikes on all city dwelling Columba genus.

Our bacon was saved by the timely arrival of Kim Jong-Un, who rode in on a white horse direct from Mount Paektu, who had done a deal en route with a bloke in a pub carpark for a gross of magnetic tapes. Protracted negotiations led us to agree a figure of just over £7 for backups for the month of January, and thanks to the timely intervention of @tobyd, backup costs for Feb 2020 are projected to be substantially lower again. Mr Kim was entirely happy with this arrangement which is probably just well actually.

The net result was that costs this month come to a grand total of £89.20, which I'm anticipating declining to more like £82 next month.

As a result of my wildly exciting month, the target for this month has been set at £80, via the usual medium of Paypal money pools, though payments via Western Union, cryptocurrency deposits and cash in brown envelopes (non-consecutive serial numbers on notes please) left by the NSL sign on the southbound side of the B2278 will also be accepted.

I hope this serves as a slightly more exciting update vs previous months. if you are less than enthralled then please send your feedback via the usual address of: AS Feedback, PO Box 101, The Bin, Wakefield, AA1 1AA.

Thanks all.