Forum Funding - Statement of account UPDATED 04/11/2021

Stanky

• Stanky unpinned this topic
  • 4 weeks later...

Funding update for September 2020.

Running costs came to £86.26 last month including hosting and backups. We raised £89 from donations and so the balance in the account is now at £110.92

As per the pinned thread HERE our current hosting provider have given us notice and we will be migrating to a new hosting provider towards the end of this month. This WILL result in some downtime so you'll have to go and talk to your families or neighbours for a bit, but the new host will be cheaper meaning running costs will be reduced significantly with what we hope is no adverse effect on the forum performance. It will also enable us to be more resilient to attacks and allow the forum content to be more portable in future. Overall we have been really happy with the existing hosting provider, site uptime has been extremely good for the last 3 years and performance has been very good. Unfortunately, the hosting provider has decided to wind down the hosting side of their business and concentrate on other areas. I am assured the decision to serve us notice had nothing* to do with the AS staff turning up unannounced at a recent board meeting in a stretched volvo 240 limo with rusty sills and doing burnouts in the carpark until the police were called.

I've opened up a new Money Pool HERE for contributions to the running costs this month.

All donations gratefully received

• 4 weeks later...

Funding update for October 2020.

We've had a busy month migrating the site to a new hosting company and carrying out a lot of software updates. We've moved the site and backups away from the previous solution and have sync'd the billing dates of these too so it makes accounting quite substantially easier.

Costs ought to be cheaper going forward too, though we need a full month to make sure this is the case. 

Anyway, costs this month have been slightly cheaper - hosting and backups coming in at £44.13, but a fairly big bill from the old backup provider for data transfer to restore the content to the new server at £37.16 making a grand total of £81.29. We raised £149.78 last month so the balance in the forum coffers is currently £179.41.

As we have a good buffer of money in there, and since I'm not 100% sure what this months bill will be (it will be in the region of £75 I think) I'm not going to do a money pool this month, we can review at the start of Nov. 

Thanks all!

• Stanky changed the title to Forum Funding - Statement of account UPDATED 02/10/2020
  • Stanky pinned this topic
On 9/3/2020 at 3:04 PM, Stanky said:

I am assured the decision to serve us notice had nothing* to do with the AS staff turning up unannounced at a recent board meeting in a stretched volvo 240 limo with rusty sills and doing burnouts in the car park until the police were called.

Pics or it didn't happen. I really hope it did.

• 5 weeks later...

Funding update for November 2020.

We've now had the first full month bill for hosting and backups with the new provider, October 2020 came in at £63.88, quite a bit less than the old hosts/backup provider bills combined. There was a crossover of hosting in Sept which I've accounted for, but has increased costs a bit. Costs for 0.5 month with the new provider in Sept were £45.78 for hosting and backups, data transfer fees of £36.98 plus the final £79.20 for Sept hosting with the old co, takes Septs bill in total up from £81.29 to £161.96. This left the account at £5.71 at end of Oct.

We're being billed in arrears now for everything, which simplifies things a lot! The bill for October hosting & backups was £63.97, so kitty as of right now is at £-58.26. I expect the hosting & backup bill this month to be a little bit higher as there will be more data to back up, and we have the expected renewal of the forum software, so close to £100 overall.

As such, I'd like to open the coffers up to donations again for anyone who wishes to contribute with a target of £160 to bring us to about even by the end of Nov. I appreciate the time of year and economic conditions and any and all donations are gratefully received.

PP Moneypool can be found HERE

Once again, thanks muchly!

• Stanky changed the title to Forum Funding - Statement of account UPDATED 05/11/2020
  • 5 weeks later...

Funding update for December 2020.

We're in the cycle of billing for AS with the new hosts and thanks to the hard work of @tobyd The bills are quite substantially lower, with no negative impact on speed or reliability from what I can see - in fact it all seems to be running better than ever. The bill for November hosting & backups was £58.26 and renewal of the forum software was £27.00 - total for the month £85.26. Donations last month were £170.55 so kitty as of right now is at £+26.21. I expect the hosting & backup bill this month to be about the same as November, so in the region of £55-£60. Since we have almost half this in the account anyway and as its christmas, the admin team will top up the remaining £35 or so for this month when we get the bill in early January.

So, there won't be a fundraiser this month - spend the money you would have put in the coffers on mince pies and cheap sherry.

• Stanky changed the title to Forum Funding - Statement of account UPDATED 06/12/2020
  • 5 weeks later...

Funding update for January 2021.

December's hosting & backup costs came to £61.38, up a smidgen from last month, but still very low cost overall.  We had £26.21 in the coffers and this was topped up to cover the hosting bill by the admin team for december so we're at zero now. We've added some more storage to the server as that was getting a bit on the low side so I expect next months bill to be in the region of £65. No other costs are anticipated.

I've opened a new moneypool HERE to raise some spondoolicks to cover next month's bill, any donations gratefully received.

Thanks

• Stanky changed the title to Forum Funding - Statement of account UPDATED 07/01/2021