Forum Funding - Statement of account UPDATED 04/11/2021

Stanky

• Stanky unpinned this topic
  • 4 weeks later...

Forum finance update March 2020. Late again. Story of my life. Anyway.

Costs this month were down quite a bit as a result of the backup fixerating that @tobyd did. sitting at £6.02 this month. Combined with the usual hosting costs the grand total for outgoings is £85.22. Donations last month totalled £80.00 with money pools so the total in the account is currently £107.98. Since we've used up some of the excess, and we expect the backups costs to be pretty static going forward as they get deleted after a couple of weeks I'll set the target this month at £85.00 and we should stay pretty much level with a bit in the kitty for software renewals and bits.

I'll open a new money pool, as usual donations are on a strictly 'Friends & Family' basis so there is no right to refund like with a 'normal' PP purchase. That said, if anyone accidentally donates too much just drop me a PM and I'm happy to manually refund! Hopefully this is OK for everyone, let me know if there are any issues though. If anyone wants is unable to pay via PP please PM me and I can see what alternatives there are.

Should you wish to donate, the MoneyPool can be found HERE

Thanks all.

• Stanky pinned this topic
  • 1 month later...

Funding update for May 2020. Thanks all for you contributions to the fundraiser in memory of Richard Black last month, we raised a brilliant £685 between us which was donated to the family.

Running costs came to £85.81 last month including hosting and backups. The admin team covered this and the balance in the account is now £109.18. Backup costs remain very low thanks to the work Tobyd did which is helping keep things under control. 

This month the only additional cost is the forum software licence renewal, so I've set the target at £100 in the new money pool HERE

All donations gratefully received.

As a newcomer - is the donation window only open 'as and when' to prevent large sums building up? Appreciate there may be history or something I'm not aware of. Saw this thread and thought I should contribute, is it a case of waiting until there's next a need for funds?

29 minutes ago, N19 said:

As a newcomer - is the donation window only open 'as and when' to prevent large sums building up? Appreciate there may be history or something I'm not aware of. Saw this thread and thought I should contribute, is it a case of waiting until there's next a need for funds?

I think it's fair to say that's about the size of it.

30 minutes ago, N19 said:

It opens at the start of the month and once the target amount is reached its closed again. 

4 hours ago, N19 said:

Yes, pretty much - I am fully transparent about running costs and am happy to provide copies of invoices should anyone wish for evidence of this - We also decided to use Fundrazr (now moneypools) so everyone can see how much is being donated each month. We tend to keep a small amount in reserve just in case of unexpected expenditure, but its daft to have much in the kitty as costs are entirely predictable month to month. I am the current 'treasurer' for the forum, and the current system seems to work on the whole I think/hope?

We do try and evaluate costs and rationalise as much as we can - backups are a good example of this. To begin with the cost was quite small but grew over time. We had a look at what we could do to shrink down the amount of storage used and brought the costs down from about £18 to more like £6 a month while keeping a sensible amount of data in case something awful happens and we have to restore the site to a new server or something. We have been fortunate that the hosting co we have been using for the last 3 years or so have been pretty dependable - there hasn't been much in the way of downtime, and virtually zero unplanned downtime.

Funding update for July 2020.

Running costs came to £86.20 last month including hosting and backups. I covered this so the balance in the account is unchanged at £109.18. May's donations were £100 and covered hosting backups and renewal of the forum licence software for the next 6 months

I've opened up a new Money Pool HERE for contributions to the running costs this month.

All donations gratefully received.

• 1 month later...

Funding update for August 2020.

Running costs came to £86.20 last month including hosting and backups. We raised £85 from donations and so the balance in the account is now at £108.18.

I've opened up a new Money Pool HERE for contributions to the running costs this month.

All donations gratefully received