Forum Funding - Statement of account UPDATED 04/11/2021

Stanky

I've been round at Dave's sister's house tonight, she's not long back from France, I also ended up speaking to Dave's other sister in France on the phone.

Both of which expressed sincere thanks for the kind words on here (before and since) and the collection.

I was told that Dave's neighbours insisted on providing the wake, closed the road in the hamlet and all came together (literally every single person) to provide the food and drink.

I doubt this was done officially but i suspect permission would have been easy if it was.

Both the mayors of the area he resided in and the one he worked in called his sister to express their sympathies having known him personally.

Does anyone remember posts about him repairing a disability vehicle (possibly some sort of sans-permit car)?

An elderly, disabled (and mostly housebound) neighbour of his had crashed the vehicle in question, when Dave found he went round to hers, got the keys and recovered the vehicle (requiring a trailer rather than just a pickup bed).

He fixed it (including buying new parts) and delivered it back to her, refusing to take a penny for his work.

Neither of his sisters knew this woman or that he had fixed her car until last week.

Again, thanks for the update, Tayne

Out of all of this, I think that's the saddest thing I've heard - that this lonely man should have been held in such high regard by his neighbours. I hope Dave knew how much his local community valued him.

I've wrapped up the Fundrazr campaign with a phenomenal total of £1647 raised by members of the forum. This translates to £1487.72 after the fees and the wreath we sent to the funeral are taken into account.

Well done everyone, thats a great response to a terrible set of circumstances.

Announcements on where the money is going to be confirmed in the next 24h

I've wrapped up the Fundrazr campaign with a phenomenal total of £1647 raised by members of the forum. This translates to £1487.72 after the fees and the wreath we sent to the funeral are taken into account.

Well done everyone, thats a great response to a terrible set of circumstances.

Announcements on where the money is going to be confirmed in the next 24h

It's surely got to be something to do with saving Panda's.

That's a wonderful, lovely letter. 

Tayne, thanks so much for your input into all of this, it's been very kind of you to liaise with the family and keep us all informed. Been much appreciated, thanks once again.

That's a wonderful, lovely letter.

Tayne, thanks so much for your input into all of this, it's been very kind of you to liaise with the family and keep us all informed. Been much appreciated, thanks once again.

To echo what Billy had said, thank you so much Tayne for your committment to communicate between both parties.

It is amazing how so many nice words in that letter above can be so powerful. This forum really does never cease to amaze me to be quite honest regardless of any differences that crop up between us all from time to time.

Dave numbers you've been on my mind so much the last two weeks, I was in France the same day as your funeral, not that far away from you I believe, nearly asked for details but didn't want to intrude. A private silence was held for you.

For someone I've never met your death has truly knocked me. It's very clear you were loved and will be missed greatly.

Many thanks to Tayne for being the go between.

'Because France' love it!

Monthly update on how we're doing.

Last Month, rather than run a Fundrazr for the running costs, we ran a campaign in memory of Dave21478, raising a fantastic total. Dave's sisters extremely kindly asked for £200 of the money raised go back to the forum as a thankyou from him, and from them.

Costs for last month, including hosting and backups were a total of  £83.00

The current balance in the account is therefore +£380.17

Thanks to the very kind gesture from Dave's sisters, this month and next months running costs are covered, with more in reserve. For all intents and purposes these months are 'On Dave' so anyone wanting to donate instead go and have a beer, enjoy a romantic McDonalds for two or stick it all on red at your local backstreet gambling house or whatever makes you happy, and raise a glass to Dave.

Thanks all.

• 2 months later...

Monthly update on how we're doing.

Last Month and the month before, we didn't run a Fundrazr due to the kind generosity of Dave21478's sisters following the money we raised in his memory. This covered running costs for September and October, with £34 left over in the pot.

Costs for September, October and November in advance, including hosting and backups were a total of  £249.00

The current balance in the account is therefore +£131.17

I'm going to open up a new Fundrazr to top up the pot as we have hosting, backups and the renewal of the forum software licence coming up in November. The target will be £100. Any and all donations appreciated. Please be aware the "Help us keep fundraising free" £2 fee is OPTIONAL - just take it off before donating by clicking the 'Change Amount' button then selecting 'Not this time'. I'm looking at an alternative fundraising platform which accepts PayPal payments, has sensible fees and allows <£100 funding targets.

Should you wish to donate, the Fundrazr page can be found HERE