Forum Funding - Statement of account UPDATED 04/11/2021

Stanky

Wow, that's up to an amazing amount. Testimony to his popularity and everyone's generosity, it'd be great if we can make four figures. Well done to all concerned. 

Fundrzr / paypal combo worked ok for me today.

Likewise. Managed to do it on my slightly clunky Android phone, seems to have worked OK.

Great job on BUSTING THAT TARGET TO PIECES everyone.

Dave's funeral will be held in France on Tuesday, we have arranged for a wreath to be sent in time for the funeral from existing funds. £105 was the total for this.

We will keep the Fundrazr open for anyone else who wishes to donate. All money raised, less the wreath, will be donated to a charity of the family's choosing. We're waiting for them to suggest a suitable cause.

I'm currently travelling back from France, and I have a rhd MGF I don't need. I have £600 in it, and it has a years test.

Would it be a good idea to run it as a sort of auction? If I got my £600 back, anything over that would go into the pot for donation.

May be a crap idea, but as I have Dave, France and MGFs on my mind it just occurred to me and seemed fitting. No idea if there would be any interest here!

I'm currently travelling back from France, and I have a rhd MGF I don't need. I have £600 in it, and it has a years test.

Would it be a good idea to run it as a sort of auction? If I got my £600 back, anything over that would go into the pot for donation.

May be a crap idea, but as I have Dave, France and MGFs on my mind it just occurred to me and seemed fitting. No idea if there would be any interest here!

Given Dave's mgf was a roffle from tonedepear/scaryoldcortina, a roffle might be a plan.

I'd have a ticket.

Just a thought, but I wonder if the collection, or part there of, could be used by Dave's family to help settle his affairs in France? Or at least that option should be available to them maybe?

I think this is a very good suggestion, it may help ease just a little pressure at this terrible time. Plus they're the people who'd know which charities Dave might have favoured.

I'm pretty sure Save The Ford Ranger is not a worthy charity , for example.

I think this is a very good suggestion, it may help ease just a little pressure at this terrible time. Plus they're the people who'd know which charities Dave might have favoured.

I'm pretty sure Save The Ford Ranger is not a worthy charity , for example.

Dave’s sister did ask if there was a Grumpy Retired Mechanics charity.

Folks,

Not wishing to clutter things up, but owing to the phenomenal response to the MiniShite Grand Prize Roffle for the DaveNumbers Memorial Fundrazr (drawing tomorrow night), I'm aware a fair few regulars have expressed some disappointment that they didn't get a crack at entering.

Although there's not much that can be done when the roffleboard is filled, there is however a special bonus Friday Night Mystery Prize Sub-Roffle now available for those who missed out for whatever reason.

The Mystery Prize is a rather nice 1/43 model complete with acrylic display case, and will be posted out to you, still incognito, for the winner to reveal at their leisure. Overseas and ROI shiters are most welcome to participate. If you win, I'll make sure the prize gets to you.

Entry is a suggested donation of £2 (or whatever you fancy) via PayPal/BACS/Cash or whatever, all going towards the Dave21478 Fund. There's no limit to the number of folk who can participate (within reason, obvs), but we're keeping it to one entry per shiter, thanks!

Full sub-roffle details here:

http://autoshite.com...open/?p=1573264

Thanking you most humbly for your generosity.