Autoshite Help

Slartibartfast

Why have the grump and grin threads moved to the open forums? They have been in the main section for ten and nine years respectively, why the sudden need for change?

They arent car focused so are moved to open forum. Links have been left in main forum if people wish to follow them. 

They havent been delete or changed, so people know where to find them. 

Been discussing behind scenes about keeping everything to simple rules - main board cars and car related, open forum other. 

One reason is that is can be quite confusing with new members not quite knowing where things are. Hopefully this will simplify it all. 

Also created a "suggest me cars" as well as "suggest me car related" threads to hopefully help simplify that as well. 

Is there any way that we could post pics straight to the forum from Google Photos? At the moment I have to download them to my PC or phone first as the forum doesn't like the file type.

Please can somebody answer this question? I've also found that the forum has started to dislike a few other image types that I've tried to hotlink from other sites.

Thanks

That would be really handy - the problem is when you view your pictures, it comes up with a really long filename that doesn't end in .jpg so the forum thinks you're an idiot and it's saving you from yourself.

So could the forum ignore the filename extension?

(There may be a further problem that only you may be allowed to view your pictures, as they're hosted on your Google cloud storage and not meant to be shared in that way)

Having search issues. Wanted to see if there is a "where are they now?" type thread for trying to find old cars you've owned in the past (is there already a thread for this?). No results. Typed in Austin Princess - no results. Weird, I've been following Vulgalour's thread.

Tried 3 or 4 different things to search and no results. Have cleared the caches etc but no difference.

MacOS High Sierra 10.13.2 with Safari 11.0.2

Chromium (don't know what version!) on Raspberry Pi 2

Sorry to seem a pest here, but is there anyway to allow members to delete some posts that they have created?

For example, I posted a for sale advert on here the other week there for a ford focus. I sold the car at the weekend just gone, but when I went to "my content" & went to delete the entire post, It came up a message about administration/authorisation to do it.

So.....I just deleted the pictures & content from the post...so it is basically a blank thread/post now.  

Does that make sense?

Sorry to seem a pest here, but is there anyway to allow members to delete some posts that they have created?

For example, I posted a for sale advert on here the other week there for a ford focus. I sold the car at the weekend just gone, but when I went to "my content" & went to delete the entire post, It came up a message about administration/authorisation to do it.

So.....I just deleted the pictures & content from the post...so it is basically a blank thread/post now.

Does that make sense?

You have to ask one of us to do it. Mainyk because people used to want to leave and deleted everything which screwed up database

Having search issues. Wanted to see if there is a "where are they now?" type thread for trying to find old cars you've owned in the past (is there already a thread for this?). No results. Typed in Austin Princess - no results. Weird, I've been following Vulgalour's thread.

Tried 3 or 4 different things to search and no results. Have cleared the caches etc but no difference.

MacOS High Sierra 10.13.2 with Safari 11.0.2

Chromium (don't know what version!) on Raspberry Pi 2

Search wise use Google. The on site Search is pants.

In Google search box use Site:www.autoshite.com X

Where X is the search term

Does that make sense?

Edit the first post and change the tag from "For Sale" to "Sold".

My computers doing that thing again where it will just reply a blank message (see above)

See my earlier reply directly above 

Mine has been doing that I think since the new hosting started - initiate a reply by pressing the quote button, type your reply under the quote then post it and your message appears with the quote but without the typed response. I will try and illustrate this......

Editing the reply to my original response to include the original response that got lost when I posted the original reply above

Is there any way of posting to this forum using a plain text editor and NOT using the "advanced" post method that seems to be default?  I quite like being able to see and edit all the bb forum tags, but the default posting method hides them all.

A few days ago, somebody posted a picture of a Maestro by the sea that had rusted down to the seats and dashboard.

Does anyone remember which thread that was in/where I can find the picture?

Cheers

I found it!

post-20795-0-42923300-1517567098_thumb.jpeg

New desktop background acheived