Autoshite Help

Slartibartfast

Please can we stop merging long threads? The grin thread thinks I;ve not read snything since April, and it;s a PITA.

Currently it is the only way we can keep all the threads in one place. 

Only other option is to lock the thread and tell the poster to put their thoughts into correct thread which would leave loads of locked threads. 

Or delete them?

Then we end up with loads of - Why has my thread been deleted threads...which then become this place doesnt need moderation/not moderated enough/ it isnt what it used to be etc. its a vicious circle. 

Will ask the Admin team if there is a better way. It might change when we upgrade the software in the coming weeks. 

It's a bit weird. I'm on the full-fat site rather than the mobile version. The only time I see Stephen Fry on crack is when I click on my profile. Otherwise it defaults to Bruce Berry.

Admins?

Edit: I've reset my profile picture and I seem to be Fry on crack permanently now. Excellent.

Please can we stop merging long threads? The grin thread thinks I;ve not read snything since April, and it;s a PITA.

This.

Why do the threads even have to be merged? Good things come up in threads but when they're merges it makes it awfully difficult to find that nugget of information again. Both wading through and especially with any search engine. Usually what happens is because it's been merged, there ends up about 3 or 4 topic lines interweaving through the thread with a vague common meaning of the thread.

It's a bit weird. I'm on the full-fat site rather than the mobile version. The only time I see Stephen Fry on crack is when I click on my profile. Otherwise it defaults to Bruce Berry.

Admins?

Edit: I've reset my profile picture and I seem to be Fry on crack permanently now. Excellent.

You're sorted now.

• 2 weeks later...

Not a real pain, but I’ve noticed that when folk post a link to a Facebook page the website crashes for me. I am a Facebook user so the passwords are ok.

This is on an iPad. Open autoshite on safari, click on link (eg car for sale ) and blue panel of Facebook starts to open before both this and safari close down and I’m back on the home panel.

Not sure if there's some other mechanism in place now, but I'm finding this happening a lot less.  Whatever, thanks Mods!