Autoshite Help

Slartibartfast

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm. New version of firefox has broken some stuff.

Weirdly, it was working fine yesterday (it had already updated at that point).
Now, whenever I click the notification icon in the top right to show my 'likes' it takes me to another page, instead of displaying the little overlay. Also, quotes don't seem to be displaying correctly, i.e. the name at the top of the quote box is missing.

EDIT: Even though I've typed this in separate paragraphs, it's clumped it all together!
EDIT EDIT: Since editing it, it's displaying correctly again!

EDIT EDIT EDIT: After all that, it was the NoScript addon blocking a script on here. It seems to have updated and lost some of its settings. Now that I've set it to trust all on here again, functionality is restored!

Is it possible to ‘unthank’ a post? I keep thanking people by mistake when I’m scrolling down on my phone. They must think I’m very strange, or maybe sarcastic. Both may be true, but my use of ‘thanks’ isn’t evidence of either.

Does the Thanks button add any value, in fact? As I recall it was just something DaveB added spontaneously because he could, rather than meeting any need that the collective had identified. I’d suggest removal.

If people are grateful they can easily post to say so, and normally do. Heaven knows we have some less constructive posts we could automate than the grateful ones.

Just tap again.

The 'tick' button is for a like. Didn't think you could 'thank' in mobile view (but can in desktop)

The 'like' saves all the pointless repeat witterings in a serial thread and let's the poster know that they aren't completely wasting their time.

I think 'thanks' was added, where like was deemed less appropriate. I don't think think there was an easy option for a 'do not like' button.

There isn’t an option to tap again, the ‘Thanks’ button disappears (unlike ‘like’). I just tried it.

The ‘like’ button is entirely a good thing, I’m not saying anything at all against ‘like’. And let’s not bring up the idea of a ‘do not like’ button, which would just be divisive and goodness knows we don’t need that.

I don’t use mobile view, it’s horrible.

Wait - hang on - a ‘remove thanks’ button has just appeared! It wasn’t there a minute ago, I swear.

Yeah yeah yeah. :P

Mobile view isn't horrible. Yes, it has issues (such as poor text flow breaking up words) but it kind of works -and I don't end up thanking everyone. The only time I snap out of it is for posting pictures via mobile - something an upgrade to the next version of shonky software promised.

With regards to "Do not like" it was mooted for those more sombre posts such as death / theft ones where one could express their sympathies slightly more appropriately than a usual 'like'

I've never seen mobile view. The bloody twattatalk banner was so large I couldn't get to the login button & the cross never closed it.

This was last jan so it might have changed, but as I hardly use this place on my phone I've not looked.

Is there an easy way to contact all mods at the same time?

The "report" option on every post has some strongly worded suggestions it is ONLY for objectionable content.

I just would like the Cannock poll locking, it's getting well confusing with three discussions about the same thing and it's not really needed.

Edit - it's been locked, thanks. I feel dead naughty now I've had one of my threads locked. I R REBEL

Is there an easy way to contact all mods at the same time?

The "report" option on every post has some strongly worded suggestions it is ONLY for objectionable content.

I just would like the Cannock poll locking, it's getting well confusing with three discussions about the same thing and it's not really needed.

Edit - it's been locked, thanks. I feel dead naughty now I've had one of my threads locked. I R REBEL

Just message one of us, we are normally poised waiting to pounce like a well oiled machine :-)