Autoshite Help

Slartibartfast

Hello, I'm getting some threads taking me to 2015/16 entries when I click on the star at the lhs of the post

Have cleared cache and logged out/in but still getting the same. Almost as if it can't tell when I looked at the thread most recently.

For example the "stupid questtion amnesty" thread

Not a major issue but thought I best mention it:)

I think AT means the old homepage before someone, presumably Dave Not Dave got rid of it, replacing it with what we have now (albeit with more junk).

https://web.archive.org/web/20120503212749/http://autoshite.com/

As I've mentioned before but seems to have gone ignored, a link to the modern forum in the navigation bar up top would be nice, so you don't have to go back to the forum directory every time you want to access it. It's slightly isolated at the moment.

I think AT means the old homepage before someone, presumably Dave Not Dave got rid of it, replacing it with what we have now (albeit with more junk).

https://web.archive.org/web/20120503212749/http://autoshite.com/

As I've mentioned before but seems to have gone ignored, a link to the modern forum in the navigation bar up top would be nice, so you don't have to go back to the forum directory every time you want to access it. It's slightly isolated at the moment.

Got it in one. Thanks for the web archive link, too.

Bring back the front desk!

a link to the modern forum in the navigation bar up top would be nice, so you don't have to go back to the forum directory every time you want to access it. It's slightly isolated at the moment.

This will be sorted out as part of the IPB 4.x overhaul project which is ongoing.

Probably a silly question but when I enter my user name and password to log in on autoshite.com I get a pop-up message saying "This connection is not secure. Login details entered here could be compromised". Is this normal and should I continue to ignore it, or is there a secure sign-in page?

SS and WW - is this on Chrome? Chrome is being a right twat about forcing every site under the sun to use an SSL certificate, otherwise they flash up these warnings.

Try it in IE and see if it does the same, this will rule out Chrome being a wanker.

We'll address it though.

Is there any reason why Chrome on my new phone keeps logging me off the forum every few minutes?

Clear your cookies, there is probably a corrupt one with your login for here.

Using Firefox normally which gives the security warning every time I log in, but tried logging in on both Chrome and Edge (no IE on W10) and neither of them prompt me about security so seems to be a problem on Firefox only.

Incidentally, after logging in on Chrome once it now logs me in again automatically every time I go to the site. Didn't ask me if I wanted it to save the login details. Don't know whether this is a setting that can be changed.

^ All modern browsers are going to start identifying sites as not secure when they aren't using TLS and they have any input fields.  Let's Encrypt away!

Edit: Firefox and Chrome will start doing it at different times depending on version, which is why there's a difference between the two.  At the moment it will be a small warning like this, but it will become a BIG RED WARNING next year IIRC.

Still got issues seeing pics on my phone using Tapatalk app.

JPEG from flat4alfa show up no probs but those from eddyramrod don't. As they're the same type of file I'm confused!

Could it be how they're uploaded?

Anyone else with this issue or better still a fix for it?

This issue still persists, I'm fairly sure it must be how they're uploaded. Anyone any ideas ?

SS and WW - is this on Chrome? Chrome is being a right twat about forcing every site under the sun to use an SSL certificate, otherwise they flash up these warnings.

Try it in IE and see if it does the same, this will rule out Chrome being a wanker.

We'll address it though.

Get a let's encrypt certificate. Free and supported in all the modern browsers. The certificates only last for a short period (a good thing) and you need a little script running to auto update. Scripts are provided to automate it.

https://letsencrypt.org

It's supported and driven by all the major internet companies to start using secure network links to help increase security on the web.

Can anybody do an HPi Trade check from Frame No for my Peugeot 103 Moped please?

Panhard65 is very kindly helping me with my Peugeot 103 moped. It seems drinking coffee has given him special powers that I do not have, like being able to notice that there has been a yellow number plate attached to it at some point and the speedo is in mph!

This points to it having been UK registered at some point and it would save me a lot of trouble if I could find the reg number from the frame number. Panhard65 thinks this is possible with a trade HPi account.

Cost will be covered, can anybody help me and do a Trade HPi check for me please?

post-4787-0-01273400-1510317356_thumb.jpg