Autoshite Help

Slartibartfast

I keep randomly getting the mobile version of AS, it doesn't seem to matter which browser I use as I've tried Opera as well as Chrome; I presume it's something to do with my tinterweb connection being a well flaky satellite link from the unfashionable half of the North Sea? Is there a way of switching it off as it's annoying me greatly?

Further to my inability to operate websites; the same is happening with bay of E and it's definitely cramping my ability to browse for random shite. Is there a similar obvious-but-entirely-missed-by-me way of switching off the mobile version in favour of the fullfat one?

I only use AS on a proper computer, so I'm no expert, but I think you need to take your landscape mode pictures with the Home button of your iphone on the right hand side. So the phone is swivelled to the left.  

HTH :-)

Further to my inability to operate websites; the same is happening with bay of E and it's definitely cramping my ability to browse for random shite. Is there a similar obvious-but-entirely-missed-by-me way of switching off the mobile version in favour of the fullfat one?

There's usually a button at the bottom of the mobile version to request the desktop version.

Edit: here it is.

post-3066-0-65565300-1504026946_thumb.png

Hello! I can't seem to sign in on my computer at home, and I can't remember my password. The email address I am signed up with is out of date and I have no way of retrieving a 'forgotten my passwrd' email there. I can't update my email address without using my password, I can't change my password using my current email address...

A genuine catch 22! If I PM a mod my actual email address, could my information be updated by them?

Why do most of the pictures I've taken on my iPhone attach upside down and how do I spin them?

Thanks.

Any thoughts on this?

Is there an answer to this. My other half took a load of pictures with her i phone and I have downloaded them to my laptop. They all appear the correct way up on my laptop, but if I go to put them on a post here it puts them sideways.

Is there an answer to this. My other half took a load of pictures with her i phone and I have downloaded them to my laptop. They all appear the correct way up on my laptop, but if I go to put them on a post here it puts them sideways.

I just open the picture in photo viewer, screen grab it and put the screen grab in the post.

Apple are supposed to be run by brilliant people. Geniuses even. At one time they even had their own deity.

Yet none of these geniuses can write a line of code in iOS that can tag the images correctly depending upon the orientation of the device. Not one of the geniuses realised no-one wants upside-down photos as standard. Not one.

The screen can display whatever orientation the phone/tablet is at, but they can't fix the camera problem after 7 minor revisions of the same device?

It's moronic reasons like that (among many) that I give Apple a huge swerve.

I've noticed what are blatantly spammers trying to join up on here again in numbers recently. If anyone knows someone who wants to join up, could they private message with the person's required username and email address, please?

It's only because I think one or two genuine people have been sacked off as spammers by (my) mistake, soz, a lot due to strange email addresses that don't seem legit. 

What is the deal with the Thanks button?

I've apparently been thanked 8 times, but I can't see by who or what for?

Are there notifications?

I am a very shallow person and if there is validation, praise or acknowledgement going I'd like to know about it.

:-)

Can I just ask, when I post on my phone all the photos come at the end of my post. How do people manage to insert the photos at different points throughput their posts?

You should have the option to click add to post for each uploaded picture and this allows it to be inserted wherever you want.

post-82-0-25476100-1505985455_thumb.png