Autoshite Help

Slartibartfast

On autoshite mobile site (not tapatalk) on samsung phone when i click on a topic it nearly always takes you to the first page and not the most recent. Its annoying as without reverting to the desktop site you can't skip to the most recent page as the pages number icons aren't on the mobile site.

Any ideas?

When looking for past posts (mine) on my profile page, I can only see the last five or so.  I can't see any 'next' page option or get any further posts into view by clicking on what looks like multiple page frames.  Looking at the 'Likes' option in the left hand menu, the next page option is present and works fine.  Is this something that has always been that way?  I vaguely remember reading through multiple pages of my posts a few months ago but, as I am getting old, this may be a figment of my imagination.  Computer is a Macbook Pro running Safari on OS X El Capitan version 10,11,6.

• 3 weeks later...

On this page there are instructions on how to manage your saved passwords in Chrome on Android:

https://android.stackexchange.com/questions/115786/how-to-retrieve-saved-password-in-google-chrome-for-android

• Open the Chrome app.
  • Touch Chrome menu Menu.
  • Touch Settings > Save passwords.
  • Touch the link for Manage saved passwords in your Google Account.

You may have a password for autoshite saved in there. I'm relatively confident that if you delete it, the problem will stop.

Keep getting errors and sluggishness tonight. Is there enough in the meter?

What kind of errors? I'm not aware that there were any issues last night but I'll see if I can see anything in the logs.

Edit: having had a look at the logs, there were only four page requests total that generated errors for the whole of yesterday, so I think the problem likely exists somewhere in the internet connection between you and the server.

I keep randomly getting the mobile version of AS, it doesn't seem to matter which browser I use as I've tried Opera as well as Chrome; I presume it's something to do with my tinterweb connection being a well flaky satellite link from the unfashionable half of the North Sea? Is there a way of switching it off as it's annoying me greatly?