Autoshite Help

Slartibartfast

Minor niggle. The favicon for the mobile version differs from the full fat version, causing the bookmark on the desktop browser to keep changing icon to some generic IPB one after a sync.

I'll investigate this. I'm not sure where that setting is, but if I can find it, I'll change it.

Even though I tick 'remember me' the site tends to log me out more frequently now, has the setting changed? Thanks.

I haven't experienced this personally - is anyone else noticing the same?

Is there any way to  'go to'  the last posting or bottom of page in any topic, even if read ?  aside from scrolling.. 

And/or is there any good reason why the pages are so long ?

Thanks, Bfg.

The pages are so long because Dave made them so.

When I first joined up 10 years ago, I'm sure they were 15 posts long. Then it was 20, then 25, now 30.

It can be a problem for me in Rural Backwatershire, especially if there are lots of pictures etc.

Hello, daft question, I have had the message asking me if I wanted to update my email address. I did as BT have deleted my old one. I tried to do it, had a few problems as I forgot my password, but it won't accept my new email account saying it is already in use. What am I doing wrong?

In my AS beginnings, I seem to remember that I when attempting to post pictures directly to the site there was a limit of about three at a time or summat (it might just have been my computery klutziness though). I subsequently used Photobucket for everything but it really causes my balls to ache and I'm on my fifth account having filled four already with AS pics. My question is; can I now post pics direct with impunity now? I don't want to clog up the server or whatever unnecessarily with another 30 pages of spots and rubbish. Will they be stored permanently? Or more reliably permanently than Photobucket?

Please bear in mind that I am idiot and don't really understand servers and computerising and all that shizz.

Mercrocker - could you check the version of Chrome you are running and let us know? Possibly a bit drastic but are you able to uninstall and reinstall chrome?

Does the issue happen on Firefox or IE/Edge?

I cannot get any functionality in Autoshite when on Chrome.   Fine on IE.  I have cleared my browser cache but still cannot access the top right hand toolbar or indeed make any posts!

I only use Chrome and all fine here.

Version 59.0.3071.115 (Official Build) (64-bit)[/size]

Sorry no help here.

• 2 weeks later...